Greetings from NZ

Hi from Auckland NZ. I have been a member here since last year and read the new posts every day. And after reading most of the build logs I feel pretty bloody inadequate to be honest. My biggest sense of achievement is successfully tightening the fan belt on my wife's car.

I've been dragged into the GT40 world due to the passion of GT40's by another family member. I am learning more about GT40's every day and with any luck may get a drive in one soon.

But what brought me out of the woodwork was watching a brilliant video from 1969 and I thought you guys and gals would love. Not very computer savvy and don't know what a 'tag' or 'trackback' on this new thread page is so here is the address below.

YouTube - Le Mans 1967 onboard Ford GT 40

Would love to see some of you Americans and others bring your GT40's down here for a play on some of our tracks in NZ and Aussie. You would have a blast.

Regards, Cam.

Welcome Cam. You don't have to have a GT40 to belong to this group ,just a passion (and maybe a goal) to own one. Let me be the first to say hello.
I don't have one yet, but I will get it worked out this year.
Garry

Hi Cam,

Good to have you aboard, you wont have to wait much longer, with Russ about to hit the tracks plus a few others we wont need the USA guys as 'also rans':)
Wonder how long it will be before you stop looking & start building/buying-- there are a couple for sale on good ol T/Me at moment.

Yes I have kept an eye on the two that have been on TM of late, the green one with the renault gearbox, and the one in the Coromandel in gulf colours that was featured in a magazine recently. I think the photos in the magazine were much better than the ones currently on TM. Really enjoy reading how Russ and Lim are going with their build and will be nice to see their two cars completed and on the track.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Cam,

There seems to be a growing number of Kiwi members on here. That's a good thing having local experience to call on. Many of us are in regular contact exchanging ideas and tech, and help in finding local suppliers etc.

If you've got the money, buy an existing car, at least then you've got a driver and can be out enjoying it. Later, if necessary, you can upgrade anything that you're not happy with. Otherwise you're faced with building one up and that always takes longer and costs more than you expect. Just wait til you find one that is reasonably suitable for you and your intended use. Problem is there's not that many completed ones in good ol' Godzone so only a handful come up for sale each year. Maybe with the current economic situation we might see a few more on the market soon, who knows.....?

Cheers,

Russ

Hi Russ, nice to hear from you. Staunch Canterbury man here living in Auckland enemy territory for last 20 years. If you're ever up this way let me know and keep the build threads coming.

Regards

Cam

It's the NZ equivalent of Ebay, called trademe. Go to www.trademe.co.nz and have a wee look. There's all sorts of treasures waiting to be found. I think there are two Lolas for sale, a Pantera, one GT40 at the moment, a couple of Shelbys etc. A month ago when our dollar was worth about 48 cents to US$1, it would have been worthwhile buying classic cars here and shipping them back to the US.

Back