MkIV turbine wheels

More eye candy from the in house RCR CNC department...

Directional turbines for the Mk4 guys

Plus a Left hand drive Mk4....and a Surtees Lola T70 in the background..

Attachments

• Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 455
  • Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 475
  • Picture 008 (Small).jpg
    Picture 008 (Small).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 477
  • Picture 003 (Small).jpg
    Picture 003 (Small).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 470
  • Picture 004 (Small).jpg
    Picture 004 (Small).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 499
  • Picture 005 (Small).jpg
    Picture 005 (Small).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 441
Thanks...and that is actually the electric (AC) SL-C....wait until that bad boy hits the streets....
1000 Nm Siemens motor...yeehaa!!!

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Fran, your attention to detail can not be matched by any other replica company. You truly are in a league by yourself, well above the others. You continue to enhance your extensive product line. Well done to you and the RCR staff. I know Jac will probably be emailing you soon for a set. Congratulations.

Fran, your attention to detail can not be matched by any other replica company. You truly are in a league by yourself, well above the others. You continue to enhance your extensive product line. Well done to you and the RCR staff. I know Jac will probably be emailing you soon for a set. Congratulations.

Gregg, sorry to ruin your day,but you seem to have forgotten the DIY at start of my thread! Looks like Fran will have to rely on profits from his domestic market for now.:)

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
No worries here. Just figured a shortcut would help you along to the finished product.

Just a quick question from the ignorant masses: Do these wheels actually pull much air thru the wheel? I think I can get the theory, but do they actually work in practise, & by how much??? I can see so many plusses from this type of wheel if they do work.

Also what would be a ball park cost on a set of these to suit the T70 spyder? (or is it "if you have to ask you can't afford it")

According to a Forum member that was working with Ford at the time the turbine wheels did not shift as much air as it had been hoped they would. Hopefully Fran will fit his to the correct side in order that they function in the correct manner when he does sell a set. They are meant to pull air out from around the brake caliper etc, not try to pump more air under the car:)
Notice the latest crop of F1 cars have stationary covers on outside of wheel with air exit on lower rear quarter of cover dia.

The wheels look awesome and that Mark IV looks like it's getting built to a tee. Those wheels will really finish it as a J-car.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Fran,
I did not know you had 5-axis machining capability. My hat is off to the guy that wrote the NC program to machine those wheel centers. VERY NICE!
Keith

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Fran,
The electric SL-C............ with a 1000Nm motor. So if you have enough battery power, and if you can convert it to AC with little or no loss, and if you can get it to the pavement without breaking something it will deliver an earth shattering 740 foot pounds of torque?
That is going to be a wild ride.
Keith

Keith ,
it is an AC system and we have plenty of power to spin the motor upto 10,000rpm.
All up weight is very similar to an LS/G50 car.

Back