Fast Ford's Track Day

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Hey everyone,
I've been thinking of putting together a track day to have all my friends come out and play. Well I decided to get after it and use it to kinda promote my new Real Estate Business, kinda. It's more of an excuse to play cars and write it off as a business expense. LOL

Well, I have an associate who is a motorcycle instructor and frequents Motorsport Ranch. He got me in contact with the owner and he sent me to a place called APEX Motorsports. They handle corporate track days for Motorsport Ranch. I was thinking about putting together a big track day for the GT40's club and a local Mustang Club I'm pretty active in. What do you guys think? Here's the information I have so far...

- June 13th 2009
- $195 per person for the full day (normally $210)
- At least 4 20 minute track sessions
- Free show & shine (Yes free if you just wanna show and not race!!)
- Entire event sponsored by RUF Porsche
- Helmets required for track time and instructors on hand for noobs

I am just trying to get initial interest at the moment. I will post up the official information and all that stuff when I get it from APEX. Let me know what ya'll think and how many of you are interested and would like to go.

Laters,

Brian

Ron McCall

Supporter
That sounds like great fun! The co-owner of Apex (John Holmes) is one of my best friends!!
We were just talking about this event earlier this week!

Brian Hamilton

That sounds like great fun! The co-owner of Apex (John Holmes) is one of my best friends!!

Well hell, you wanna help me out then? LOL I have John's number here too. I was speaking to Claire about it. They seem to be pretty stoked about the whole event.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter

Gee... I know John, too! And he's been after me to come to the track.
When is this being proposed?
July is full up for me... I'm going to VIR with Jack and Mike and then we're going on to Road America.

I've been looking for an excuse to get my car on the track before that.

Regards,
Kirby

Brian Hamilton

Gee... I know John, too! And he's been after me to come to the track.
When is this being proposed?
July is full up for me... I'm going to VIR with Jack and Mike and then we're going on to Road America.

I've been looking for an excuse to get my car on the track before that.

Regards,
Kirby

This is being held in June, not July. You're still good. LOL

The information above in the first post is the initial info I got from them. I will post the full "Official" information once I get it. But the date is set for JUNE 13th.

Brian Hamilton

Official Release... (Note date change!!)

Ruf Auto Centre and the Apex Driving Academy Dallas are excited to present the sixth annual TexasTrack and Concorso for all driver skill levels featuring the world-renowned performance Porsches by RUF on Saturday, June 6 2009.

<FONT color=blue><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT color=blue><FONT face=
Activities will include (1) high performance on-track driver’s education for all skill levels from novice to licensed racer; (2) a “fun” Concours for all special interest and exotic cars of all years; (3) lunch time track touring; and (4) limited on-track passenger excursions in Ruf and other exotics.

<o:p></o:p>
Apex Driving Academy is pleased to introduce the Ruf Auto Centre as the title sponsor for this event. Ruf not only builds some of the worlds fastest and most distinctive Porsche automobiles, it also sells and services all makes of special interest, exotic and race vehicles.
The Track & Concorso is NOT LIMITED TO PORSCHE OWNERS.<o:p></o:p>
Regardless of the make of your exotic or sports car,<o:p></o:p>
you are welcome to take advantage of this rare opportunity.<o:p></o:p>
This event is open to the general public for viewing.
Location: MotorSport Ranch, Cresson, Texas 76035. Please visit www.motorsportranch.com for more information on the facility and driving directions.
Track: MotorSport Ranch 1.7 mile track, Counterclockwise
Date: June 6, 2009, from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Drivers Education: Apex Driving Academy will be conducting a full day of on track activities for drivers of all levels. For more information or to register go to www.apexdrivingacademy.com.
Cost: $195 for drivers education. Concorso “Show ‘N Shine” is free of charge. During the lunch hour we will have no charge, slow, controlled parade laps for everyone of all ages to experience the feel of the racetrack.

Fore more information please visit:<o:p></o:p>

www.rufautocentre.com

To register for on-track driving, please go to <o:p></o:p>

www.apexdrivingacademy.com<o:p></o:p>​

Brian Hamilton

So is anyone planning on going, wanting to go, etc? I'd love to see some of you there and meet you in person. Let me know!

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
I would very much like to go. However, I have some overseas travel which may get in the way now for those dates. They keep procrastinating as to when I will actually be required in country, so I can't plan right now.
I should know by next week what the plan is for the business trip.

Definitely interested. I like TMSR, but I've only driven the small track during the two events I attended with my Pantera. It'd be the GT40 this time.

Kirby

So is anyone planning on going, wanting to go, etc? I'd love to see some of you there and meet you in person. Let me know!

Brian Hamilton

Ok guys & girls, we are just over a month away from this event. June 6th is coming fast. Who's in for some fun? Remember, if you're broke from building your project, you can still enter the show & shine for FREE! I'd love to have you guys show up.

Laters,

Brian

Brian Hamilton

Last bit of information I have on the event...

We are excited to present the sixth annual TexasTrack and Concorso on June 6, 2009 for all driver skill levels featuring the world-renowned performance Porsches by RUF.

Activities will include:
  • High performance on-track driver's education for all skill levels from novice to licensed racer
  • A "fun" Concours for all special interest and exotic cars of all years
  • Tech Session with experts from Brembo
  • Hooters to provide lunch for registered drivers
  • Lunch time track touring
  • Limited on-track passenger excursions in Ruf and other exotics.
** The Track & Concorso is NOT LIMITED TO PORSCHE OWNERS. Regardless of the make of your exotic or sports car, you are welcome to take advantage of this rare opportunity.

** Drivers of all experience levels are welcome to register. **

Brian Hamilton

OK girls and boys, tomorrow is the big day. If any of you plan on attending, I'll see you there. If you don't know what I look like or who I am, just look for this group of people. LOL

Laters ya'll,

Brian

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 220

Brian Hamilton

Aaaaaalrighty. Since none of ya'll were out there, I thought I'd let you know what you missed...

Pictures...

Motorsport Ranch pictures by Conquest351 - Photobucket

Videos...

YouTube - 6th Annual Texas Track & Concorso at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, Texas
YouTube - 6th Annual Texas Track & Concorso Pt. 2
YouTube - 2010 Camaro

Really was a great time. My friend Nick had his first track day and his first time driving on a track. After 4 sessions he was signed off from Novice to Intermediate - Solo. Pretty cool stuff, he was pretty excited. He's got some in car footage I'm waiting for. I'll link that as soon as I get it.

Laters,

Brian

Brian,
It sounds like you guys had a great time. Your friend had a good run for a first timer. I wish I could have been there, but duty called elsewhere. Thanks fpr posting the pic's.
Garry

Brian Hamilton

I'm sure we'll do it again. LOL Not like this is the last time we'll ever do something like this. Nick is hooked now. Makes me want a track car REALLY bad.

Back