200+ Standing mile....

Reading the compound turbo post that mentioned the Texas Mile, reminded me of an event that took place last weekend up at Woodbridge Air base - Suffolk.

There was a 'standing mile' event that took place on an old runway, (not prepared track) for people to have a crack at some high speed records.

Some of you may already know GTD40 Club member Nadine, who runs among other steeds a Cobra Daytona Coupe and a Supercharged Viper, well she was attending along with Bjorn in his s/c Viper also.

After a few years trying and more importantly pretty much off her own back, she achieved another goal on her list. She managed 200.2mph from a standing start, on road tyres, over the measured mile - and on to 205+ in a couple of hundred yards more.

WELL DONE NADINE.....:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Nadine does ALL the work on her own cars, she fitted the Roe Engineering Blower, she fitted the Aquamist water/methanol injection and she has made the numerous other mods to her GTS Viper. This is all achieved on a very limited budget, no big $$/££ tuning houses here and the motor is still in it's factory stock format with stock ECU albeit supported by an additional Piggy-Back module.

She did report that things got a little 'light' about 190+ as there was quite a headwind on the day and the car had a tendancy to want to change lanes - eek!

Bjorn is also snapping at her heels, achieving 190 odd on his first pass but losing his blower belt on the second. (something that Nadine then 'fixed' with a spare she had with her)..

So raise a glass with me to her determination and dedication to ticking another of her life's tickboxes and to basically have petrol headed fun fun fun.

Well done Nadine!

Edit: Added a pic of her Viper

Attachments

• viperapache.jpg
    viperapache.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 350

Ron Earp

Admin
Lots of people talk about going 200mph. A fewer number of folks add lots of go fast bits to go 200mph but never use them. And fewer still even ever put their car on track to try.

Fantastic job, congratulations!!!!!!!!:chug:

Malcolm

Supporter
I saw Nadine today up at Silverstone pootling round in the slower Viper, the FIA GT3 Comp Coupe! She had encouraged another Viper guy into going on track and I was explaining to her that we only allow her to hang around with us 'cos she is cute, blond and knows how to hold a spanner! Maybe I will have to add fast to that list now.....

Back