Frigin hell, check this out!!!

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
its widely known that that video was "speeded" up to give the impression of what the speed feels like. (like so much other bullshit that goes on)

The tell tale factor is to watch the drivers hand movements and unless he is steve austin its a sure giveaway.
Fast though!

Hadn't heard it had been speeded up before, I'll take another look as the sound track would normally give that away too.

As I understand it, as it was posted on here a long while back, it's a BMW powered 'LMP Type' car...

Still Kin' fast!! Oh for a two minute hill climb in the UK... wouldn't happen as they'd require umpteen hundred/thousand marshalls to comply with MSA regs...:sad:

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Awesome Howard, speeded up, no evidence to suggest it, but a car and driver at the peak of ability is going to look incredibly fast from a mere mortals perspective:laugh:.
Have a look at this Nurburgring Lap in a Ruf Porsche, without the benefit of a paddle shift, see the steering wheel input and hear the tortured rubber, a supreme effort here.
YouTube - Porsche RUF fast as hell!

regards
Dave

At first, I was thinking that guy in the RUF was driving a little over his head, however, after watching more of the video, I believe he's a rather good driver.

Howard Jones

Supporter
This clip has the same look at points. The rate that the car is going is so foreign to normal people that it looks speed-ed up. In fact it's just so much faster that our mortal minds are used to it seems it MUST be speed-ed up. It's not.

YouTube - F1 Ferrari In Car - Monaco

and this one,

YouTube - Le Mans Porsche 956

Same unbelievable look. I think the real difference is that in the hill climb video, the "track" is so narrow without run off's or fences. Therefor the objects on the side of the track are closer and therefor look like they are going by faster in a wide angle lens.

At first, I was thinking that guy in the RUF was driving a little over his head, however, after watching more of the video, I believe he's a rather good driver.

I thought that too Jim - looked like an accident just waiting to happen but he seems to 'catch' it and bring it back from what I'd have thought beyond return numerous times so clearly knows what he's doing, even if it is possibly being done for effect.

Also - looking at he earlier mentioned clip, I still can't see that it's been speeded up. The hand movements don't look blurred to me, just fast and precise. Steering looks ok, shifts are quick but not $6Million Dollar IMHO..:thumbsup:

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
like most cons its works on the people not wanting to believe the truth..

one example...watch him put down his visor at 4secs in...

Sorry Craig - still can't see it myself.

I've witnessed racers 'snap' their visor down in a similar manner on many occasions when watching the big single-seaters run on UK Hillclimbs. If you look in the mirror he then checks it's correctly shut immediately afterwards too.

So, sorry, I am a disbeliever..

I guess a check of the officially posted records for timing would confirm as the video shows the run from start to chequered flag, uninterrupted so a stopwatch would confirm the runtime..

Keith

This is fast. Those of us who have made incar video..............well frigin hell..........THIS IS FAST!!!!!!

YouTube - Osella CN3000 @ European Hillclimb Challenge

IMHO not speeded up at all. It looks like normal fast reaction speed required by good race drivers to keep it all on the island.

If we meet Craig, I can demonstrate with some simple exercises but arthritis is setting in so better make it soon! :)

Last edited:
Back