Neat Switch

Found this neat little Lucas switch at Carlisle, Lucas Part No. 34987, for TR4A 65-67.
I needed a small unit for my column which has a diam. of 2 1/4", and I have a small mount made to hide the switch and let the stalk protrude.
It switches turn signals, and has a headlamp flasher integrated in it.
Anyone else using same or similar?
Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• !BP4pcuw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmYg(TBJ19udYorQ~~_1.jpg
    !BP4pcuw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmYg(TBJ19udYorQ~~_1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 357
Hi phil,
I've also purchased a stalk, column mounted switch which will work in parrallel with my Lucas toggle switches. Mine has indicator, high beam flash and horn functions in one unit. I'm just used to these controls being at my fingertips, so I thought it would be good to have them on a stalk mounted switch rather than me fumble around for the toggle switches. Not exactly original, but good for general road driving I recon.

Martin

Martin...
My sentiments exactly about the toggle switches. Although they are the original look, I wanted signals and hi-beam flash at the column. Just small diversion from original. I guess once one drove the car enough the toggle positions would be second nature, but since the hi-beam flasher was in the same switch as indicators I grabbed it.

Mark, I looked at one of those switches, nice unit I must say. I have a tubular aluminum steer column, and I made a cover for the top half with a small enclosure for the switch, so the mount on the one you used would not work.
I will take some photos tomorrow if anyone is interested. I wanted a small diameter column as I am basically doing my interior in a no frills style so when I saw the mounting of the switch that was the one I used. I have also seen a switch used in some Porsches that is nice, I think SPF uses that one.
It is nice though to have more options.
Cheers
Phil

Back