SL-C N E W Carbon wing

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
As mentioned previously.....

Resin infused .... 9.5lbs for a 74 inch wide wing...

More aggressive profile (CFD data available)....integrated carbon mounts also..

Attachments

• AJ 067.jpg
    AJ 067.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 653
  • AJ 064.jpg
    AJ 064.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 585
  • AJ 065.jpg
    AJ 065.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 623
  • AJ 070.jpg
    AJ 070.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 476
  • AJ 071.jpg
    AJ 071.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 501
  • AJ 072.jpg
    AJ 072.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 450
Fran, Nice! On the SLC would this bolt to the same mounting scheme as the current Aluminum wing? Or would it bolt to the rear clip as on this GT40? The cost + info would be great to know to upgrade mid order.

Very nice lay-up! OK, are you planning any more surprises? :thumbsup:

Have you considered a CF rear diffuser for the SL-C? You know it would look good on mine.......

A CF diffuser would be killer! Could be made from flat panels too if the design remains the same. Read expensive though.

Come-on Dave, I'd rather have the FRP body any day unless it's a pure racing car with spare CF bodywork. The FRP is quite a bit more "usable" and street "friendly", and easily repairable. CF is easily repaired, but you'll always see the repair unless it is painted.

Not to mention you would want to "display" the CF body in clearcoat which will go away a lot faster than when clear over paint.

Not for me as I don't need any help in the hair-falling-out department. I was just curious if he was considering it. As it is, I'm already over my budget and I don't even have the car yet. I guess that's the brakes with a project like this :D

Back