Ford GT's at Carlisle

Just some Pics of some of the GT's at the invitational display at the All Ford Nationals.

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00418-1.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

More pics to come

Ron McCall

Supporter
awesome pics. Great stuff. The white with black wheels looked tough.

It ,actually, looked amazing! The stripes were satin black. One of my favorite ones there . Also the gulf (heritage) car with the black wheels. I have seen several with the standard wheels and didn't really care for the look but the black wheels really transform the look into something badass!
It was kinda cool to see how many of them had mods done to them. Kinda like a modern Pantera I guess.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for posting the pictures...

This one (below) caught me as rather curious...

Why is this car "infamous" ??

Definition;

infamous |ˈinfəməs|
adjective
well known for some bad quality or deed : an infamous war criminal.
• wicked; abominable : the medical council disqualified him for infamous misconduct.
• historical Law (of a person) deprived of all or some citizens' rights as a consequence of conviction for a serious crime.

To bad there wasn't an X-1 there. Would like to see more up close pics of it.

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/13464/ford_GT-X1-L.jpg

Bill

Not many of them were finished. I believe the company went bust leaving a few people holding the bag.

The GT heritage (Gulf) paint is just stunning. I wanted to use it, until I found out just how involved it is (something like 13 coats). The option was 13k, but I don't think that was overpriced for what you got.

DSC00409.jpg

The GT in the pic above passed me in Ohio on the way home as seen below
DSC00435.jpg

I took the pics below at the next fuel stop where I caught up to him.
DSC00436.jpg

DSC00437.jpg
I just was informed by someone who knows, that this is Camillo Pardo's new GT and the guy in the white shirt in the background in the first pic of the car is Camillo, better known (except to me :dunce:) as the Designer of the Ford GT.

Thanks for posting the pictures...

This one (below) caught me as rather curious...

Why is this car "infamous" ??

Definition;

infamous |ˈinfəməs|
adjective
well known for some bad quality or deed : an infamous war criminal.
• wicked; abominable : the medical council disqualified him for infamous misconduct.
• historical Law (of a person) deprived of all or some citizens' rights as a consequence of conviction for a serious crime.

A very long story short. This is the cliff notes of what I was told:

Chris Theodore was high up in Ford (close to retiring?) and wanted a GT for himself. He had this car painted SB, it is the only GT that survives that is not one of the standard/available to public colors.

As this car was coming down the line, someone else (even higher up) was walking the Wixom plant and spots this car. It gets pulled from the final assembly at Wixom before it can be shipped to a dealer and purchased by Theodore. Car is a then later sold at CB auction.

There was another car that came from the factory done for a person who was retiring from Ford sometime in 05-06 that was midnight blue with silver stripes, the only other 1 off GT.

I saw the SB car for sale for 550K in the (IIRC) summer of 2007. It was then offered for 1 million in October 2008 or so. It was purchased by some gentlemen on the GT board in November of 2008.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
James - Welcome to GT40s and thank you for filling us in on the car's heritage...

Quite striking in Sonic Blue I'd say... I had one of my Cobras painted that color. Beautiful...

The GT heritage (Gulf) paint is just stunning. I wanted to use it, until I found out just how involved it is (something like 13 coats). The option was 13k, but I don't think that was overpriced for what you got.

Nevermind that you can't get touch up paint from Ford for the orange. You have to get the BASF manufacture code and find a paint shop to make it. :uneasy:

James - Welcome to GT40s and thank you for filling us in on the car's heritage...

Quite striking in Sonic Blue I'd say... I had one of my Cobras painted that color. Beautiful...

Thanks for the welcome!

Back