Caravan to Road America?

It has dawned on me that Road America is now just a month away. How many GT40's will be driving from/through/around Chicago on the way to Wisconsin? Mike Drew and I will be heading up in my car and I thought it would be fun if we could organize some manner of convoy. There is some wicked road construction on I-294 and I-94 all the way to Kenosha, so I'll be taking my back-road route to avoid it. Anyway, if there is interest we can try to orchestrate something.

It has dawned on me that Road America is now just a month away. How many GT40's will be driving from/through/around Chicago on the way to Wisconsin? Mike Drew and I will be heading up in my car and I thought it would be fun if we could organize some manner of convoy. There is some wicked road construction on I-294 and I-94 all the way to Kenosha, so I'll be taking my back-road route to avoid it. Anyway, if there is interest we can try to orchestrate something.

ill be driving mine up, but not heading there till friday.

Daryl
I'm not exactly sure what day I plan on heading to R.A..
but let me know when you think you may be passing through Milwaukee..
I live just a few miles north of the Brew city & it would be fun to hook up..

Craig..
DRB #42

I will be driving up Saturday morning from downtown Chicago but will be in a BMW. Happy to caravan if anyone is going up that morning

Daryl and Craig and others,
I am tentatively going to leave Atlanta on Wednesday early and hope to get to within 100 miles or so of Elkhart Lake. My lease starts on Thursday. Google puts me through Chi town, which isn't what I exactly want to do. Particularly because I would be coming through during the rush hours. I am considering going over from Indianapolis to Bloomington, up 39 and back over to Milwaukee. If I make it to that area, I will be looking for a place to tie down for the night. So will be looking for some suggestions on eateries and motels that would be considered safe(and not too expensive). I would consider Chicago if there are others wanting to get together Wednesday night and caravan up early Thursday, or meet on the north of the city to avoid the morning rush for the start. Whatever is good for those who would be in the area traveling up or locals. I think a caravan wold be kindof fun. Lets hear more from those going and see if we can get something started. If any wanted to talk it over give me a PM or call.
Cell:678-687 4611 best after 7PM EST. If you call during the day I don't answer my cell unless I am out of the O. R.

Bill

You could play a mean trick now Bill. Answer the phone and then scream and say you just dropped a ladies brain on the floor.
Look for a couple motorhomes pulling trailers. Our bus the "Schweinwagon" says Lola over the windshield.

Hi, I'm coming across Michigan, taking the Lake Express ferry arriving Milwaukee around noon on the Thursday. I'd be glad of any identifying info so I can keep half an eye peeled for others on their way. My CAV is silver-titanium (metallic tan), Halibrands, and major mother tyres overstuffing the rear wheelwells (I bought it that way). Ontario Historic (Hysteric) plates. Feel free to honk. Going direct to the track from the port.
Always have the nurse hold the phone. The anesthesia audiotrack is great to have in the background at the office; it makes it easier to say, "I really have to go now..."
Simon , Canada

Daryl and Craig and others,
I am tentatively going to leave Atlanta on Wednesday early and hope to get to within 100 miles or so of Elkhart Lake. My lease starts on Thursday. Google puts me through Chi town, which isn't what I exactly want to do. Particularly because I would be coming through during the rush hours. I am considering going over from Indianapolis to Bloomington, up 39 and back over to Milwaukee. If I make it to that area, I will be looking for a place to tie down for the night. So will be looking for some suggestions on eateries and motels that would be considered safe(and not too expensive). I would consider Chicago if there are others wanting to get together Wednesday night and caravan up early Thursday, or meet on the north of the city to avoid the morning rush for the start. Whatever is good for those who would be in the area traveling up or locals. I think a caravan wold be kind of fun. Lets hear more from those going and see if we can get something started. If any wanted to talk it over give me a PM or call.
Cell:678-687 4611 best after 7PM EST. If you call during the day I don't answer my cell unless I am out of the O. R.

Bill
I kinda plan on heading up to RA Thursday morning, so if you can make it just north of Milwaukee Wednesday night I could recommend a nice safe affordable place to stay in my neck of the woods..
Heck if the weather turns for the worst you can park in my garage..:thumbsup:

Back