SL-R all in cost?

I'm not sure on the exact amount, but I would make a rough guess that I'll have about $26K in mine when all is said and done. But, you could easily build one for MUCH cheaper than that. I had mine painted, custom fiberglass work and spent quite a bit on the engine/transmission.

The stock transaxle from a (2006-2009) Civic Si will fit.

Any ideas on the 'ideal' transaxle to use with an SLR if you used a mopar stage 3 srt-4 engine (~350-400hp)?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ted,

that is a a bit of "a how long is a piece of string" type question....how is your car building skillset...will you need to outsource some wiring help??depending upon your engine choice...do you plan on painting the car of buffing the gelcoat...trackday car...street car??...but plan on Mid 20's for a finished car.
Dont forget that the chassis are all TIG welded, has large brakes,billet uprights, rod end adjustable suspension, aluminum rad...digidash etc etc etc...so not a bargain donor style build...

Efn,
yes ..the standard one that comes in the SRT will do the job just fine...they have a Quaife ATB stock I think.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Yeah the 2004 & 2005 SRT4 engines & transaxles are the way to go. The later ones were crap. (Did my homework for this car too. hehe)

Yeah the 2004 & 2005 SRT4 engines & transaxles are the way to go. The later ones were crap. (Did my homework for this car too. hehe)

Since you've already done the homework (hehehe), when sourcing the engine and transaxle where would ~you~ purchase them from? For example, are there any well-known tuner shops that build and sell srt-4 crate engines, or is your best bet just sourcing from a dealer directly? (assuming you don't want to go the route of finding a donor car)

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Honestly, keep an eye on Ebay. There's a couple of guys on there who part out the SRT4's religiously. These guys know what to look for and what to watch out for. They will usually offer the entire drivetrain with wiring, ECU, and everything you need. Keep an eye out on Ebay. I just checked and there's not much on there now. You can usually pick them up for about $2500 - $3500 for the whole shootin' match.

Laters,

Brian

Damn..... If I didnt already have another RCR product half cooked, I'd be into building that SRT4 combo.

The srt-4 engine is pretty sweet. I have driven one (of course in a neon), and was blown away by the torque.

I just cant decide if I want a low revving american 4 banger with tons of torque EVERYWHERE, or a japanese k20a type r that will scream to 9000 rpms and sound better doing it.

Decisions decisions. I also don't think the SRT-4 tranmsisions are quite as crisp as their japanese counterparts.

Twin turbo H1V8 maybe?

"2.6 litre twin turbo 1000HP, 480ft/lbs torque @ 2 bar boost. Includes manifolds, turbos, uprated engine spec. £24000.00"

Holeshot Racing : Hartley H1V8, Hayabusa V8, V8 engine, twin turbo v8, V8 busa, ariel atom

Kinda entirely defeating the whole purpose of the SL-R but compared to the Atom V8 and that F1-celebrity-burning-wannabe, it's still ridiculously cheap and it's nice to know you could flip the finger to them quite comfortably, double the power-to-weight ratio of a Veyron you say? Can I let you in on a little secret.... 1000bhp, 480ft/lbs, 500kg...... :lipsrsealed:

You do the maths. Better have sticky tyres though and LARGE amount of downforce.

I tell you what, if you, Holeshot and Hartley sponsor me that engine, I'll buy the Nemesis kit right here, right now, sticker it all up with your names (RCR being the biggest) and I'll début the Nemesis here in the UK at every track day I can sensibly bring it too handing out flyers, wearing any RCR gear you want to supply.

I'd love to see the look on Atom V8 owners faces.

PS. Can I get a side order of two B-F-W's, one for the front, one for the rear plus a years supply of toilet roll.

I say this bated breath but... if those conditions were met I'm in.

Did I mention the requirement for two BIG F**KING WINGS?

The only thing I'd worry about that engine is the reliability, I wouldn't want to marry anything that could potentially put RCR in a bad light.

Servicing a v8....32 valves you say..... I've just done the valve clearances on my bike...twice because I have OCD and it wasn't perfect the first time round. Can I have my fingers back now please and if I have to see another shim in the next 8000 miles I may scream.

Back