Emerald Engine Management.

I've had a call from a enthusiasts member called Bob Baxter who has fitted the Emerald Ecu and injection system on his GTD. He has got it running albeit using a rover v8 map he obtained. I'm not familiar with this system or how easy it is to program but he needs somebody to either fine tune it and/or send him a more suitable map - is this downloadable somewhere?

Bobs not that good with computers so putting the feelers out for him - he's based in Angelsey UK any help appreciated.

Neat units the Emerald items and been used before on 40s I believe.

The setup/config software is available from the Emerald website.

Engine Management Software - Emerald M3D.com homepage

They also offer a dyno setup service which to be honest would likely be well worth while. Dave Walker of 'Walkers Workshop' fame does the mapping to excellent effect.

If Bob has Lambda bungs on the exhaust collectors it may help, esp if road testing/mapping. Otherwise a clamp-on type lambda sensor stuck up the tail-pipe can work fairly well.

I have Lambda meters I can make available for use if that helps - Motec Wideband Pro and also an Innovate LM-1 wideband Logging unit.

Let us know how he gets on...

I imagine Dave Walker will sell him the relevant base line map. But to get it working anywhere near its potential he will need to have the car on a rolling road. Most rolling roads can set up the Emerald ECU.

Back