power to weight= FUN

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything here.
.......but I'm soooo close to acquiring a new toy, I just have to share some numbers with you guys.

About....the little V4 engine,
14,000 RPMs
gear driven overhead cams
4 valves per cylinder
engine is a load bearing member of car's chassis
programmable EFI
turbo charged and intercooled
capable of 30# of boost,,,,,,

About the car,
weight with fluids, 750 pounds!
semi monocoque construction
front rocker type monoshock suspension
inboard suspension pic up points at near center of car
seqeuntial shift
just plain cool

It's a little SCCA sports racer with a Honda bike engine.
It's an older car with a flat bottom and no ground effects, so it's not a current nationally competitive car,,,,but it will be a blast for trackj days and regional events.

Currently output is right at 195-200hp and total weight with my butt in it will be around 940-950 pounds. First new purchase is going to be an onboard video/GPS system.

this winter, I'll be going on a diet myself,,,and saving for some lighter wheels, and maybe a carbon body for it.

Since I'm not planning on running SCCA national events with it,,,, I may even bump up the CCs from current 620 to about 1000. :)

My goal is eventually to be right at 900 pounds with driver at about 260-290hp. Then. I'll need to wear depends under my drivers suit.

Attachments

• 280255954_3GqCX-S.jpg
    280255954_3GqCX-S.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 280255975_th2rp-S.jpg
    280255975_th2rp-S.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 363
Alain, the way to go, lightweight bike engined cars have amazing performance for small money. Our cars are less that 700 lbs ( 300 kilos) with 200hp Suzuki GSXR1000 engines and are the class of the field in circuit sprints.

Attachments

• DSCF0278.jpg
    DSCF0278.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF0284.jpg
    DSCF0284.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCF0161.jpg
    DSCF0161.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 346
Hi Alain, I have a similar type car being built now, it did have a bike engine but it has now been replace. Car weight is now at 580kg but a lot more horsepower. The body is carbon fibre, built by Grant watson from Prosports.

Attachments

• oran_start_close.jpg
    oran_start_close.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 271
Tim,what engine did you change to? The Prosport cars are works of art!

Initially, I'll be running the little honda VFR700 (resleeved to 620cc to meet SCCA rules), until I get more comfortable with the car.

The honda VFR series engines are older and not as competitive as today's GSXR/Busa powerplants.......

....but, they are cheap and narrower than an inline four.
They have a pretty strong crankshaft, and with proper machining & mods, can do pretty well.

Eventually, I may swap to a larger 1100cc magna engine.
This should be almost a straight bolt in swap.
With good prep work, a set of carillo rods, good pistons, a remap of the EFI, and of course some turbo boost,,,,it should make things interesting.

Since I don't plan to run in national competition events, I can just run in "regional" A/sports racer class as to keep within regional rules.

Last edited:
Hi Alain, There has been a new class for these cars in Australia with a 4000cc and above class. We have change the rear of the car to except a small block chev with a G50 gearbox. The G50 has a cnc cage built around it with the original prosport suspension, brakes etc.. being used. Grant has over engineered this car it will handle the extra weight and power. We originally went for a Subaru EJ20T engine but I picked up a dry sump aluminum Rodeck 372 engine with Kinsler injection converted to EFI. No worries about horsepower. In the street I live it has some unusual builds going on in the garages check out what the bloke next door is building.

www.aussieinvader.com

Looking forward to our next project, an RCR GT40

Back