Race Only SL-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that Fran has confirmed that there is a race only SLC in the works, please give us more details.

Who's building it? What series will it be run in? What are the statistics on it?

So far we know that it has a "Zytek" engine in it, and an xtrac 122 gear box. What else? Size of engine? NA?

Unfortunately, as I have stated before, my edit function has been disabled by someone so I can't add a link to this post where Fran said it in the other one.

Here's the quote from the other thread:

Re: SL-C recommended engine/transaxle combos
Yes....a stock LS3 costs me $5200 , pedal/computer for $899 and a G50 03 can be had for $2500 ... I just bought one for that over on FFR....the KEP clutch kit is approx $1400..
These are all prices that anyone can get with no "buddy" deals needed...
Voila $9,999...under $10,000

I keep all transaxle models in stock...Audi, ZF, Porsche G50 and 930 and Ricardo units..some in reconditioned, some new and others "as is" ....the one listed above at "2500" is as is....came from a good running car and has been in storage for a while...

Didn't you just answer your own question about a race SL-C???...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Crash,

my customer will most likely enjoy posting more about his car himself and he can do so...unless he would like me to do it for him but it will be street legal for some of the events he wants to run......until then.......:lipsrsealed:...

Last edited:
That engine can be made street legal? Sounds like a nice setup, are we going to see carbon body work maybe?

I don't think legally you can run a non-DOT/EPA approved engine on public roads, but who's going to check and actually know?

Its a long story, but I got into some hangups with customs a few years ago bringing in a engine from a Canada, I had to sign a paper saying the engine would never be used on public roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back