olthoffs window mod...help me out...

hey guys....excuse me if im being dumb, u know i cant help it, but shouldnt this hinge attach to the larger section of window AND the little square section? if so, shouldnt both ends of this hinge have screw holes in it?
it may be obvious, but like i said....ha, maybe im even dumber than i look..:)

how the heck do i install this thing??

Attachments

• window hinge.jpg
    window hinge.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 353
Here are pics from Olthoff's site...do they help answer your q?

Mike

Attachments

• GT_window_hinge_1-web.jpg
    GT_window_hinge_1-web.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 358
  • GT_window_hinge_2-web.jpg
    GT_window_hinge_2-web.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 317
  • GT_window_hinge_3-web.jpg
    GT_window_hinge_3-web.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
thanks spydermike...that cleared up the hinge issue. :)
i cant get the latch assembly undone though...:veryangry:

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Mike,

My car in photos above.

Be more specific about "can't get the latch assembly undone" and we can probably help.

Steve P2125

Mike,

My car in photos above.

Be more specific about "can't get the latch assembly undone" and we can probably help.

Steve P2125

the third single piece opposit of the hinges. the part where you open and shut the little square window.
im not sure how to get that apart to put the longer window slide piece in supplied by olthoff.
i tried unscrewing it but its too tight or something.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Mike,

1" rod is screwed into a bolt that goes into the piece attached to the rear of the toll window.

Using the 1" rod as a lever twist the rod and bolt CCW and the rod/bolt will loosen

OK?

Mike,

1" rod is screwed into a bolt that goes into the piece attached to the rear of the toll window.

Using the 1" rod as a lever twist the rod and bolt CCW and the rod/bolt will loosen

OK?

ha, i did that...it loosened but i couldnt get it undone.
ill try again later when i get home.
thanks

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Mike,

It doesn't need to be totally removed (it just clamps the arm from the toll window in the slot when tightened to hold the toll window in place).

Steve

Mike,

It doesn't need to be totally removed (it just clamps the arm from the toll window in the slot when tightened to hold the toll window in place).

Steve

hey steve....you are correct if i just want to open the toll window. (i believe that is what you think im asking)
what im trying to do is replace the little arm or slider the window slides on, with the longer version that olthoff makes. to do this i have to remove the original one thats there and thats what im having trouble doing.
sorry if there was a miscommunication...ill look at it again a little closer tonight, and if i cant get it done ill take pics as to what im talking abt.
thanks

Back