Wilton House Super Car Charity Event

Popped down to Wilton House yesterday but didn't get many pics as was with kids and non petrolheads. About a 100 cars including Lambos, F40s, GTs, 1 super performance 40 (that I saw), Mc F1, GTR, r34, etc. If there is another event next year I would definitely go along.

Attached are a few of the pics that I did manage to grab.

Cheers alan

Attachments

• maclaren.jpg
    maclaren.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 276
  • gtr.jpg
    gtr.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 253
  • buggati.jpg
    buggati.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 281
  • gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 260
G'day Alan.

Cool pics mate. I especially like the Bugatti one!

David, I'm guessing the last one is via Photoshop, however the Bugatti shot may have been achieved by a longer exposure with a small twist of the zoom whilst the shutter was open?

Perhaps Alan can shed some light?

Cheers.

Steve.

Photo'chopped I'm afraid (copy background to new layer/cut out car/radial blur background layer to approx disappearing point or target direction of car/fiddle with saturation on layers/flatten image/save/bingo).

The standard trick to get a blurred 'speed' background it to fix the camera to the car and push the car along during a long exposure (a few seconds). Result = 1mph car looks like it is going 220mph. You can also do this from car to car if they are both traveling at the same speed, and get similar effect from the side if you swing the camera at the rate the car passes, but the car will loose a little definition and may distort as it changes angle to the camera. The most famous image like this was done in the 1900s by Jacques-Henri Lartigue. Still a classic image.

By the way Steve you are right about how the last image could be achieved. I just took the post-production route as kids were tugging at the sleeve all afternoon.

Attachments

• Lartigue.jpg
    Lartigue.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 246
Back