UKs first sub 10 second quarter Viper...

Just thought I'd mention that I heard GTD club member Nadine had a superb day at Santa-Pod today and managed to tick another of her 'life tick boxes' at the same time.

As many of you know she owns and pedals some seriously fast and powerful cars, the most recognised being her Supercharged GTS Viper.

She has previously ticked speed related boxes, recently managing over 200 mph at 10 of the best and also over 175mph in the standing kilometer, in the wet! :stunned:

Anyway - today was another attempt at being the first UK Viper to manage a sub 10 second quarter and a feat she achieved more than once!

I've not heard all the details but as I understand it she posted firstly a 9.92 @ 139.9mph and backed it up with at least another pass of 9.82 @ 142mph...

Way to go Nads!!!!rockonsmile :bow: :burnout:

A few pics... + 'the' timeslips...

Bjorn and Nads line up - with Nad's new shaped front bodywork.
Nads gently warming tyres.
Just look at that launch - (ps - check the 60ft time!!)
Over the line with timing shown
The 'Golden' ticket!

ps - just spotted the 1/8th time of 6s too, which means 0-112mph in 6s...Nice!! :thumbsup:

pps - Road legal too and often driven on the roads. (bit thirsty though!:shocked:)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 307
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 297
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 321
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 270
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 267

Keith

Great result! Conratulations! I know what it takes to run 9's in any vehicle let alone in a street legal car.

And before the Yanks chime in, Santa Pod is a very underfunded 1/4 strip on a cold windswept plateau not far from Silverstone - but it's the best we've got. Drag racing per ce is not endemic in the UK. (And SP is a bit uphill)

I used to run Supergas on 9.90 in a street legal Chevrolet Chevette and that was hard (and expensive) enough in the '80's.

Of course in my day, we used to have trained firemen stoking the Bow Tie furnace....:drunk:

SANTA POD

Chevette3-1.jpg

BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS

Chevette-1.jpg

Paul, please forgive me if you think I'm hijacking, but many members are more road course oriented and I know how hard it is to gain those split seconds on 1/4 mile especially the reaction times. Well done again Nadine....

PS Please notice the Institute of Advanced Motorists badge in the windscreen (Yeah, right)

Last edited:
Paul, please forgive me if you think I'm hijacking, but many members are more road course oriented and I know how hard it is to gain those split seconds on 1/4 mile especially the reaction times. Well done again Nadine....

No hijack at all Keith. I'm an addict (ish) if drag racing, I've always liked it and have a bunch of pictures from the late 70s from when I used to frequent Blackbushe for the drag events there. Being an airfield it was not exactly prepared but a lot of fun and none of the risk assesment / method statement sh1te is required today for something as dangerous as doing up your shoelace in a public place...

Mind you, the safety was a bit too light as it comprised a rope about 50m off the racing line as I recall.

Had many a happy weekend up there, Dennis Priddle (Insurance in Motion), Henk Vink (H20 Rocket Cycle), Malcolm Olley (Pink Panther Jet Car - Goblin powered I think), DTV Jag powered Chevette, Stripteaser Jag powered Mini van, all the 'good-ole-boys' (that were probably not so old then). There was the odd international meet there too with American and Swedish entries, vaguely remember seing Don Garlits there and a lady in a quick Barracuda/Plymouth or similar. I used to help with a chaps bike too on occasion, Rob Pallants L A Hooker, a nitro burning Kawasaki with 2x1100cc motors fitted and bikes were always popular. I remember seing one of the first CBX1000s, six cyls and a turbo aka 'Mr Turbo', plus Russel Hobs on the 'Hobbit' - a supercharged Norton I think.

Happy days indeed........

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Awesome stuff, well done Nadine and thanks for posting Paul.
faster at 1/8 than my 1/4 speed anyway!
Keith, well done, don't have a pic of you, but, Paul here's a pic of Stripteaser off the line at Santa Pod. CofG finely tuned to get these awesome two wheel launches.

Dave

Attachments

• stripteaser1.jpg
    stripteaser1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 262

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Keith, I see in my minds eye, the Brighton Speed Trials, Nadine on the start line, and Paul leading the crowd as one voice - 'Go Nads, Go Nads .... ':laugh: Nadine then stalls off the line as she is convulsed with laughter hearing the chant even over the sound of the Viper.

Dave

Keith

Paul. I would be amazed if she had never heard that before but you never know!

Dave. Yes - I can see that too mate.... :)

Little boy to Father:

"Dad, why are they shouting BOLLOCKS at that lady?"

I attended a Charity event today at Brookspeed in Southampton and had the pleasure of driving 100 miles in a GTS Viper playing 'catch-up' with Nadine who was in her Cobra Daytona Coupe.

Much fun, but quiet they ain't, so trust me, you could stand alongside her at a drag launch and shout 'bo11ocks' till you were blue in the face and she would not hear a thing!! :laugh:

Back