This Time Tomorrow - 1966 & Target 200 - DVD

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
New DVD in the shops ?

BRAND NEW AND GENUINE DVD NO COPIES SOLD HERE STILL IN CELLOPHANE - AVAILABLE TO U.K. ONLY
RUNNING 46 MINUTES, DVD REGION 0 ALL REGIONS

This atmospheric film traces the fascinating story of the awesome Ford GT40 and its domination of the world's greatest endurance race.
In 1966 the American car giant was determined to beat the best Europe had to offer at the Le Mans 24 Hour race.
Three teams equipped with eight Mark II GT40s travelled to France with victory at the Circuit de la Sarthe the only goal.
Ford boasted an incredible driver line-up featuring some of the greatest names in motorsport - including Bruce McLaren, Graham Hill, Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney, Chris Amon, Ken Miles and more.
Amazingly, the seven-litre V8 GT40 would not only take victory, but would dominate the race to fill the top three positions, leaving Porsche and Ferrari in the shade.
This wonderful film captures the drama and magic of this classic race, with comments from the drivers and trackside commentary creating a unique and atmospheric record of Ford's important victory.
This DVD also features Target 200, an extraordinary film from the Ford archives. It traces the development of the iconic GT40 from conception to racetrack, with rare footage of Roy Lunn and John Wyer discussing plans for the car and the building of the first prototypes.
Target 200 also features exceptional film of the GT40 - in the hands of Bruce McLaren - in race action at famous circuits like the Nurburgring and undergoing high-speed testing at Goodwood.

Attachments

• DVD.jpg
    DVD.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 325

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
James,
I bought this DVD early this year. Really excellent filming, and good quality clear footage. I had seen clips from the film in poor quality on YouTube etc, so I was well impressed with the quality of this DVD taken from the original film. A must have IMHO and any GT40 enthusiast will want to watch again and again.

Dave

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I don't think the problem is whether a supplier will ship overseas or not.
It's possibly more to do with the "country" user format of the DVD player.

I also bought my copies for the Target 200 film.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Quote at the bottom of that particular eBay ad :

Region 0: All Region
Will play on any DVD player but North America and Canada need an NTSC/PAL Compatable Player.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Quote at the bottom of that particular eBay ad :

Region 0: All Region

Will play on any DVD player but North America and Canada need an NTSC/PAL Compatable Player.
This is sort of true if you have an average run of the mill DVD, but there are players out there (Denon) that play all formats.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Most DVD players have code breakers available

Do a google on your exact make and model of DVD player
Most of the reasnable units will also be sold elsewhere in the world and thus be programmable to run the correct country codes

From the Google code break print the pages and follow the instructions

I suggest you set to "play all codes" this means your machine should be able to play UK / European / Australian / American discs without needing changed again.

And NTSC / PAL was not a problem
We bought DVD's in USA on NTSC and they play on our "converted" UK PAL DVD player

Perhaps this may help some people play DVD's bought elsewhere in the world

And I know my daughter has played American DVD's on her UK laptop

Ian

The region is 0, so region coding is not the problem.
It's the PAL/NTSC thing that's the problem. But modern players should not have an issue.

Jon - Thanks, heck with today's computers I would think it wouldn't be a problem to hook them up to your TV and play the DVD.

I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
:lol: Hey I know what the problem is.... the guys from England have to play on the other side of the disk and play it backwards. Sorry just had to.

Back