Some Pictures of 2197

I guess I should have started a build thread but somehow just couldn't get it together. I would like to share some pictures I took when I took it to work for the first time. It was last Sunday and I was the only one there but the trip was good and the pictures turned out great.

The car is the same color as Lance’s first GT40, Porsche midnight blue. It sure comes alive on a sunny day.

On the way there my carburetor tried eating my temporary registration. I tried a new 10" Edelbrock air cleaner on the engine and it wouldn't even idle. Guess I 'll need to find a bigger one. About the stack hold down it's just temporary.

Thanks to all the people that came to my aid in my time of need, the build would have been much harder without you! Ron what a great site.

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Yes, I just wish it had been done for RA, I think I really missed something. The car however is amazing. I've driven some fast cars in my life including an original 427 Cobra but OMG what a rush and it's all mine! It may not be the most beautiful or fastest car to some but for me it doesn't get any better. Of course I'm preaching to the choir. Still lots to do. I'm hoping to get an open track in this year as I'm not getting any younger.

I took it in again the next day and it wouldn't shift into 4 or 5 so yes Hi Adventure and loud very loud! It's so strange to look up to lowered Honda's. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice color! I owned a Saleen that was a dark blue like your car, I think Ford called it a Smoke Blue back in '89. It looked black at night, but really popped when in the sun durring the day. Your GT40 looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Back