Allen English's Race Car Replicas Build

Well I am not really building my car, but it is a build never the less.

I purchased my Race Car Replicas GT40 from Fran Hall last September and assigned them to a full turn key build.

My goal is as it was with the Factory Five Roadster I had and it is to own a historic looking vehicle with hints of today's technology in it. My research showed that the RCR was perfect for me.

I spoke to Fran Hall of Race car Replicas a few times to talk over my perfect GT40 replica he (Fran Hall) was willing to take on for me the task at hand. Sine the GT40 was designed to race at Le Mans and to beat the all mighty Enzo at his own game I wanted to have Race Car Replicas create a Le Mans winner Ferrari for Lunch bunch kind of car for me as well.

So keep in mind that this car Fran is building for me is no nasy pansy GT40 replica!
biggrin.gif

This car will be in a stunning blue with twin white stripes running over the car as if they were leading the car around the track at Le Mans back in the day! :burnout:The GT40 will be fitted with Roundels and Rocker stripes that say Ford. We wont stop there either, the car will be dressed up with sponsorship decals tool. The engine will be fitted with the all mighty Webers. No wait - They look like Webers, but no they are a impostor in descised. They are the all new DynaTek Fuel Fuel Injection system built for the 21st Century - Ingenues indeed!

So don't expect the perfect copy here, that is not what I am trying to pull off. I am just showing you the car of my dreams and what makes people like us all keep going...

Picture updates to come...

OK, I can't wait......so shoot me.

Attachments

• Rear window installation.jpeg
    Rear window installation.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 895
  • Allen English's 40.jpeg
    Allen English's 40.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 786
A.J. Thank you sir :)

Recently A.J. visited RCR and he was able to take a few pictures of my build which was being worked on only a few feet away from his incredible car.

For my engine I chose is a 302/306 built by Kieth Craft and the fuel management is furnished by the DynaTek Injection system to create a 385HP at the flywheel Dyno Pull. I am not trying to build the fastest car around, but more of trying to emulate the experience.

More to come :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Allen,

Very nice colors! As you know, blue is the fastest color :laugh:. Seriously, the white stripes and accents will really set your car apart.

Going to be a stunning car and it is done in one of my top picks for color. Do you know what kind of difference the Dynatek system made in your overall horsepower? I have read that it can add up to over 40hp on some engines. When I have Fran do my build I was looking at using the Ford Racing engine (392ci), with the Dynatek Classic Fuel Injection. :cry: Too bad I am still 2-3 years from starting, but at least I will be in a position to also build a great car at that time.

The tech article I read indicated the Dynatek system produces a bit LESS hp on the very top end compared to a properly sized 4bbl., but broadens the range with significant increases in the mid range and a bit more torque. So, the top hp figure is NOT what you would base performance on,especially for street use. Allen,385 hp will re-create the experience quite well. I believe the originals were app 390 hp, with only the later versions of the small block getting up around 420. A.J.

Last edited:
The tech article I read indicated the Dynatek system produces a bit LESS hp on the very top end compared to a properly sized 4bbl., but broadens the range with significant increases in the mid range and a bit more torque. So, the top hp figure is NOT what you would base performance on,especially for street use. Allen,385 hp will re-create the experience quite well. I believe the originals were app 390 hp, with only the later versions of the small block getting up around 420. A.J.

A.J. - Thanks

This web site truly is a great place to be. I have learned so much about the GT40 here, met some fine people and made some good friends. Most of which I hope to meet some day.

My car will be plumbed so that if a person ever wanted to race competitively it will be possible to - lets say accessorize the car a bit more :devil:

We are setting the car up to run the fuel sytem from either left or right tanks. The left tank will be utilizing a built in swirl pot that RCR has planned ahead on and the other tank is for the street use. A guy could always ad twin turbos to this system I think :idea:

Thanks guys for the complements on my color choice. I had a cobra this color and I just couldn't resist having it on a GT40. Even though the car isn't the same color as Dean's his car has been a huge influence on my choice of cars and how it will be finished.

Mark328GTS - I hope you have had a chance to drop by and see the car in person, if you haven't you may want to since you are in the research stage.

I would love to go visit Fran and see the shop, but still being 2-3 years away from doing a build and knowing how busy he is I feel that I would be wasting his time at this point.

Mark328GTS - I really don't this Fran would think your waisting his time, I think Fran and I discussed cars for maybe a year or so before I made the investment in my RCR40. There is nothing wrong with doing your home work while saving up. It's a big investment and you want to get exactly the right car for you.

Fran did contact me to invite me to the shop and insured me that I would not be wasting his time even thought I am a few years away from a build. I will be in contact with him and hopefully make the short drive out next week. I am excited to check out your car especially in the colors you choose.

Chuck

Supporter
Allen:

Might this be yours? Saw it last weekend when Ryan and I visited Fran. It is looking very good!!

Chuck

Attachments

• IMG_6229.JPG
    IMG_6229.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 796

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Curious what they painted/coated the bottom side of the rear clip with...

Are you having the RCR boys fit the car with Canards in front? (tape on front fenders)

It does look rather proud sitting there...

Back