Original GT40 in Oz

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
1075 is owned by Rob Walton, not Sam. I don't think Sam had any interest in vintage race cars, he drove a 1980 Thunderbird and a pickup truck until he died.

Title says S. Robson Walton. Is that Sam or Rob?
Cheers, Chris.

Clear as mud hey Chris. Could be either Sam or Rob, hopefully someone here knows.

I've been lucky enough to see 1034 on numerous occasions both at events and at the Bowden's property. Both static display and being raced. It really is a credit to the Bowden family for making this GT40 so accessible to the public. I know it will be sorely missed when it is gone.

The new owner will be very lucky as the Bowdens have really done that GT40 justice in the work that they have performed.

It's quite possible that the technical legal ownership is Sam Walton still (though dead, bought by him on behalf of Rob prior to Sam's death), or more precisely, in Sam Walton's name as held by a continuing estate planning vehicle such as a trust like a family limited partnership. Estate planning is a big, and complicated thing, for families like the Waltons.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Here are some pictures I took of the same car on a visit to Bowdens.
As Craig said they have kept in mint condition and drive it often.

Attachments

• DSCN2050.jpg
    DSCN2050.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 754
  • DSCN2052.jpg
    DSCN2052.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 548
  • DSCN2053.jpg
    DSCN2053.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 584
  • DSCN2051.jpg
    DSCN2051.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 497
Rob Walton's full name is Samuel Robson Walton...So 1075 is owned by Rob Walton...his father never owned any classic cars but Rob has a serious collection of cars, one of the best in the world!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
1075 is owned by Rob Walton, not Sam. I don't think Sam had any interest in vintage race cars, he drove a 1980 Thunderbird and a pickup truck until he died.

Old man Sam drove a chev, Samuel Robson (Rob) Walton is a Sam also, his father had little interest in cars, flying and bird hunting was his favorite things to do.

Back