routing and appearance of battery cables

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Here's a set of questions about battery cables. The Mark I monocoque has a rectangular box welded into the portside sponson which houses the battery. There is also a circular hole in the front wall of the box which may for all I know be the exit and entry point for the battery cables. Does anyone have a photo from an original car which shows what the cable arrangement is, where they run from the battery posts, and whether the battery is of a size which fills the box completely or does the battery leave room for the cables to dive down alongside the battery and exit the box through the aforementioned opening in the front wall of the box? Any information, especially visual, would be appreciated.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I have located one photo of 1072 which shows the battery filling up the box, and the cables coming from the posts at the top. There is no battery cover on 1072, but I have a repro one made by Cushman. Absent any other information, I will probably rig things similarly to that car, but anything that anyone has would be appreciated.

Back