lookalike FISPA

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Moss Motors in California sell a fuel pressure regulator/filter unit that looks somewhat like a FISPA from back in the day of original GT40s. I ordered one; the only problem I see is that the inlet and outlet sizes are limited to 5/16", at least unless you want to take it apart and do a lot of machining. The FISPA regulators seem to be available through Italian car parts sites, but cost like the devil. This one was about $100 US- not too bad if it looks the part and does the job. It also has a regulator range of about 3-9 lbs/sq.in., which would work well with Webers. MG, Triumph, Austin-Healey, Jaguar, Classic British Car Restoration Parts & Accessories - Moss Motors, Ltd., I think.

I forgot to mention that the instructions, which appear to be translated from some other language, are almost funny enough to be worth the price alone.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Fispa.jpg
    Fispa.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,488

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I looked. The one from Moss is almost identical, made in Italy, and about a third of the price. It doesn't take screw-in fittings, either, which is a negative, but I think will work fine.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Chris the ones in your picture are the common type fitted to Alfas.
The GT40 type have bigger bore 'straight through' connections and the pre-set pressure is different.

Attachments

• FISPA REGULATOR 01.jpg
    FISPA REGULATOR 01.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,779
  • FISPA FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR FILTER.jpg
    FISPA FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR FILTER.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,306

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
FilterKing do make one that looks like the correct FISPA but it isn't sold here in the states, at least not that I can find. The one I have is not the straight-through one.

Back