SPF continuation car?

I have a friend that I met at Run and Gun this year who bought a red and white SPF MKI from someone in CA. The car has a stroked Cleveland engine with a ZF. (It is an SB100 car) The car is a few years old. Maybe some of you know something about the car?? He doesn't know much about the car, he just thought it would be cool to own. When I asked him about the continuation idea, he didn't know what I was taking about. The question I have is, Are all SPF GT40's continuation cars or is that something special reserved for certain cars. I don't know the chassis number yet but I was just curious.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Yoiu can request (and pay extra for) a "Special" GT40P number, i.e 2075, 2046, 2015 etc to "mirror" the FAV numbers. All "regular" SPF GT40P numbers begin after 2100,. i.e 2269, 2271, etc.

I saw that one for sale on ebay for quite some time, at least I think it is the same car. How does he like it? Previous owner claimed to have sorted it out a lot, any truth to this?

my understanding is that all SPF are continuation right out of the box....you need to fill out and submit forms to get the car on the Shelby Registry though.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
All SPFs are "continuation" cars however if you desire to emulate a particular chassis number the "2000" series chassis numbers are reserved for duplication at extra cost. All Superformance GT40s are "GT40s" and are in the Safir registry of chassis numbers.

The extra charge if for the guy that just hasta have P2075!!!

Anybody know how much Superformance pays Safir for the licensing right? Per car? I'm guessing it's a few thousand per car - WAG.

yes, 2122 would be in t he first batch of customer cars produced (circa late 2006). It was one of the first MK1s to customers I think. Here it is in a shot taken at Olthoff's. It is the top right red one I believe. All the other cars in the shot are in the same serial number range.

http://superformance.org/superformance/gt40mk1/12gt40s_atOlthoffs.JPG

To me it doesn't look like Dennis finished off the car based on what I see. Ask them and they should be able to tell you.

It would be interesting to call the dealer because I am sure the car is in Texas and it isn't for sale. That might not be the car but it sure looks like the one he showed me on his cell phone, same looking engine and everything. Does he need to know anything about up grades or anything that he needs to check? The car looks pretty good.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
The only thing that I know, I gathered from the link. It's not a Cleveland, it's a Windsor. A Cleveland would have been an interesting choice though.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
If it is the red Mk1 with white stripes from Redwood City, CA I met the owner, he was from Portola Valley CA and he said it was one of the first spf Mk1s and needed a lot of sorting. I bet Denis Peck has his number

Denise is at (650) 548-0913

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
geezumplutz Kirby, how did your car sneak in there? I see 2120, 2122, 2123, 2125, etc...

Pretty easy actually... The engine builder delays delivering the engine, the ZF conversion gets delayed and there you are...

My car sits at Dennis' shop for too many months and gets its picture taken.
:annoyed:

I think the other cars were delayed longer though... I know LOT of people waited a LONG time for the ZF's...

Later,
Kirby

The orignal MSRP was $65k and then it soon moved up to $69.900.00. The difference is the number Mike came up with $5k give or take. If you'll remember the first demo cars said SPF GT on the side, they were built before Superformance could officially call them GT40's. I don't have my Shelby book in front of me so I don't know if the got "GT40Pxxxx" serial numbers or something else. If anyone has access to one of these really early cars it would be interesting to have a picture of the VIN plate.

Back