Fuel pump / starting problems

Having lots of problems trying to start my ford 302 after it came back from the dyno.

The main change since my previous installation is the change from facet silver top to red tops. The new pumps continually tick where as the silver tops used to stop ticking when the fuel bowl on my Holley 600cfm vac sec was full. I have 2 pumps and they both do the same thing.

Question is:
1, should the pump whir like crazy all the time?
2, Should it stop pumping when the fuel bowl is full (i've put my finger over the end of the fuel pipe but it keeps flowing)
3, Under what circumstances could the fuel overflow the bowl and onto the plugs?

any ideas!!??

Hard to start hot or cold????.

Look down the carby and see if it is flooding when the ignition is turned on or off.
I think from memory the facet pumps do buzz all the time,but they get loader if you run out of fuel.
It will want to flow constantly that is the way they are designed.Mazda ran facits in the carby days but the also had a fuel return with a restrictor of about 1-1.5mm

Was anything else changed like plugs ect ,a colder plug or plug gaps changed

If nothing was changed then maybe it is your fuel supply ,but if its getting fuel and not flooding I would be thinking something else.

Always take a step back and look at where you have been.

Jim

Last edited:
Back