Le Mans Classic 2010 Track Time

Hi Martin.. the latest is that the organisers have agreed to the club only having to find 50 cars, hence deposits have been cashed. I'm led to believe we've got 50 Gt40s, and might be allowed another 10 (making a total of 60 GT40s), with the rest of the 100 field being made up of Lambos and DeTomasos.. Andrew

The names of the fifty 2010 Club members booked on the LMC 2010 track laps has been updated in the Club website Members Area.
If you need a reminder of your username and password e-mail me.
We are working on another 10 places, so if you still want to join in, then join the Club or renew for 2010, download the track laps application form and send it with your £200 to Tim Martin.

It's really good news that enough members/owners have signed up and the club are able to do this.

Obviously teh De Tomaso's are of a similar are, but I wonder if the Lambos will have to be 'period' cars, or whether 'money talks' and any car, old or new, will be allowed to take part.

I bet it will be the latter, which rather discredits the LMC organisers stated aim of restrciting the event to older cars.

I bet the same will be the case on the parade laps, where any age of Porsche or Ferrari etc will be alllowed to take part.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hello Everyone

Just back from a 2 week break in the sun - I think we chose the correct time to get away going by the news reorts we saw of the UK going under snow

The Classic organisers had wanted the GT40 club to take all the slots on the half hour session but accepted that we could / would not be able to fill all the slots and accepted they would have to allow another mark to take part with us.

Numerous proposals were put forward and all of them were turned down - eventually the organisers made a decision that they would allow the GT40 people 50 slots (All paid for just before I departed on holiday) and would offer the remainder to the Lamborghini club

Since then some members seem to have "suddenly realised" that they had not booled a slot and immediately prior to my departuer I managed to get allowed a further 10 slots.

Now the decision of Lamborghini as the 2nd make was not ours and the reasons for this decision are also not of our making.

Since I have been away I have had the Ford GT guys "wake up" and they want at least 15 slots (from UK) and possubly another 5 or 6 Ford GT drivers from the continent (I'll now have to approach the organisers and see if they will allow this number of cars)

Now this will take us up to about 70 cars (GT40 and Forf GT) - How many other people may want to partake but have not yet held up their hand? PLEASE if you are going to be there and have not yet booked a slot send me a PM / e mail and I'll add you name to the list and see what can be acheived.

So Chris I'm sorry they did not choose the Noble brand as the 2nd make but this was outside my control.

To everyone else many thanks for thesupport that has allowed us to move this project forward - I strongly believe this will be a one off session that will never be repeated with our small club

Regards
Ian

Ian
My note wasn't a snipe at you or the club, nor am I annoyed that the Noble doesn't qualify as I do understand that it isn't a period car so would be out of place on the track at the Classic.

I was just observing that no doubt the LMC organisers will NOT apply the same 'period' criteria when it comes to the big name brands, like Lambo, Ferrarri and Porche and I bet modern models will be allowed out there on the track.

Similarly, whilst I have nothing against the Ford GT guys, I don't really see how these cars qualify either but if you can get them in, then good luck to them.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Chris

No offence taken at all - after all you are a club member and I tried to get your car on track but got a resounding NO

I bet the F, P and Lambo cars include the modern ones too

IAn

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
We have now got 60 cars and 60 slots

No more are available

So for the half hour session
GT40 Enthusiast Club 60 cars
Ford GT (2005 club) 20 cars
French Pantera Club 20 cars

All sold and all looking forward to the track time

Ian