Adapter plate wanted UN1 to Rover V8

Hi can anyone help. I dont actually have a GT40 but am currently restoring a 1981 Lotus Esprit. I am also fitting a Rover V8 with twin turbo's. I have the engine but i am using the original transmission. The transmission that i am using is the old citreon DS as my car is and early car with inboard disc set up. The latter S4 Esprit used the UNI transmission but the same engine as my car. Hence that the face of the UN1 should be the same as the Citreon. So what i am hoping to find is an adapter that will join a UN1 face pattern to a Rover V8 engine. I know there is bell housings out there for this conversion but not for my citreon box so this is why i need to go this route.

Hope you can help

Regards

Wayne

Errr Wayne, the UN1 used on the Esprit had a Lotus specific bell housing on it.

A UN1 with a Renault bell housing (which is what is normally bolted onto RV8) won't work on you application, so make sure you are getting what you think you are............

Hilly

Hi Andy, your as bad as me being on all these different forms!! Ha ha!! There is a world of knowledge amonst them though. I have been to see Mike at southern GT i realised when i got there that it was lotus specific so that idea is out the widow. Oh well looks like the weekend will be used mocking one up!!

Should be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will have to do some searching around for the US distributor, but here is what I found in a 2 minute Google search. A Rover V8 specific bellhousing for the UN1 gearbox.

Gearbox

Back