EV GT-40 Test Drive - Electric GT40

After about a year of work, "Ohm's Law" a Fiberfab Valkyrie GT-40 look alike I have been restoring and converting to electric came out of the garage for a couple of test runs.

Many of you guys may be wondering about electric cars and may be following the Tesla Roadster. What you don't know is its possible to build you own high performance electric sports car for far less than a Tesla. I think that building electric "hot rods" and sports cars are going to be the next big movement.

I have had a blast building mine and encourage others to look into it.

Here is a link to a recent test run.
YouTube - Test drive of the Electric EV GT-40

The acceleration of an electric car is incredible. I was amazed the first time I stepped on the peddle. I was thrown back in my seat the very instant my foot pressed the peddle. No hesitation, no motor roar, just silence except the squeel of tires and speed.

I will post a few more photos here as it progresses. For more information you can visit my blog at Untitled Document

IMG_5035-800x600.jpg

414.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome back!

Good to see your project move under it's own power...

My Series Hybrid project is temporarily on hold. I'm currently working on a Honda eHurricane and will be building a new KawasakE ZX6E this winter.. Just got the title in my name for the donor (important).

I had a bit of trouble on your blog - maybe it's my browser (Safari / Apple)..

Will try it again later..

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Cool that you are using Odyssey batteries- I have one in my Cobra, two in my boat, and one in my GT40- but it starts the gasoline Ford V8 in there (sorry). Odysseys are great batteries- huge power for their size and NO maintenance. Cheaper than Rolls or other AGMS, too.

Back