Fuel Cells

Has anyone had any luck retrofitting their GT with ATL or Fuel Safe fuel cells for safety? (custom sized or off the shelf). I'd be interested in hearing about the ins/outs - one of my big concerns is frontal impacts and the resulting geiser of fuel that comes out of the fuel cap/neck.

Ron Earp

Admin
Have a look at the bottom of this thread - the forum has already pulled up related threads for you and you might find what you are looking for there.

Has anyone had any luck retrofitting their GT with ATL or Fuel Safe fuel cells for safety? (custom sized or off the shelf). I'd be interested in hearing about the ins/outs - one of my big concerns is frontal impacts and the resulting geiser of fuel that comes out of the fuel cap/neck.

Jack,

that´s exactly the reason why RCR has an additional lockable gas cap underneath the original style filler cap.

TOM

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Yes, there are some spectacular photos of original GT40s catching fire when the fuel geysered out of the caps- sometimes even without an accident. The tanks fill very quickly through those big caps and funnels- they also evidently empty right back up the same way very quickly, too.

Back