Alternator bracket UK

What are people using to mount their alternators?
I, guessing it needs mounting low down to the left when looking from the front?

Simon

Not being particularly bright I bought, a “bling”alloy set up which as you point out will probably mount the alternator to high. If this turns out to be the case I will turn to Mick at Southern GT as he stocks brackets, and seems to be able to sort any GT40 problem that presents itself.

Simon

I used one from Real Steel about £14.00 I think. Mick Sollis has all my paperwork as my car is up for its ISVA test tomorrow. If you need more info let me know and I will look it up.

Regards Martin.

Attachments

• P1030889.jpg
    P1030889.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 448
Simon,
I made my own, The shaft is screwed into the boss on the cylinder block and a simple fabricated brace off the timing cover. The belt came from Halfords

Regards

Andy

Attachments

• PB011098.jpg
    PB011098.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 456
Simon,
I have several that you could choose from. Early on in my build I wanted "choices" for most of the parts that I chose. So here are a few for you.

Bill

Altmtgbrkt.jpg

AltBracket-1.jpg

aircond2.jpg

altbracket.jpg

altbracket2.jpg

altbracket4.jpg

beltalignment.jpg

P1310049.jpg

Simon buy one of Bill he has 7 spare brackets.
Offer some money for his water pump going by the last pic hes got rid of that as well.

What else you got Bill, we might be able to make you a few bucks.

Jim

Dear Simon

I am using a standard ford 302 block in my car. I use an alternator off a ford mustang. I had to get a bolt made for the top mounting of the alternator. The standard top alternator bracket kit from Mr Gasket was also used. I then made up some shims so that it lined up correctly with the water pump and crankshaft pulley. For the bottom bracket and adjuster I purchased the standard offering from Mr Gasket again.

Stephen

I hope I didn't convey the wrong impression. I have a collection of types/examples not the actual ones. As you can see from the photos they are all different engines. If I had that many, I wouldn't have spent 7 years building mine. I have collected literally a thousand different pics of parts, ideas, and techniques that many have done or used in their builds. It helps me when thinking of how to do something. And yes the last one is mine. It is simple and to the point without a lot of extra hardware.
I am running an electric pump because moving the engine forward, put the water pump into the cabin. I may redo the alternator bracket, as it's adjustment rail is the support for the crank trigger and can change its gap if something comes loose. I may go to a variation of my Air conditioner bracket that utilizes the adjustable ball joint.

P1010281.jpg

Bill

I've had mine cast off an original item - I had a few extra made up if anyone needs one.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 346
Back