Over 1100HP and slipping

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Alf has a problem...

As someone mentioned before, getting the tires to grip on a 'rolling road' type dyno with the HP and TQ he has is getting impossible as they tune the car.

www.dallasperformance.com/DSC_0780.AVI

I know dynos exist which have the wheel hubs bolted directly to the dyno. I've seen pictures of them... but where would you find one of those animals in the DFW area?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kirby

Do you mean the the Kiwi 'Dynapack' chassis dyno or evolutions thereof, Im not sure what name it is marketed under now or who has the rights etc to it in the USA., thats what Russ Noble had his car checked on recently in ChCh,NZ. If you care to check his recent threads/posts..........

There are some outfits that have them mounted on a truck/trailer unit & will take them to an event or gathering if the numbers stack up, was one brought into town here recently for a few days....

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Do you mean the the Kiwi 'Dynapack' chassis dyno or evolutions thereof, Im not sure what name it is marketed under now or who has the rights etc to it in the USA., thats what Russ Noble had his car checked on recently in ChCh,NZ. If you care to check his recent threads/posts..........

That's indeed what I'm talking about... and I've seen Russ' posts.
I will do some searching later with good old Google, but I'm supposed to be working right now...
:furious:

Thanks!

Kirby

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Ah Kirb, just tell Alf not to worry about higher states of tune. He's gunna have the same problem on the real road anyway :burnout:

Kelly

At around 1100HP he will always have problems with rolling road, Land. Sea. Air. has some good info where the rollers have to be around 5ft in dia to get sufficient contact area for that sort of power, also info from Goodyear? as to possible tyre damage on the smaller rolls.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Dude, that video is insane!! Must get some better pictures of the car and build info!!! Beautiful machine!

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Ah Kirb, just tell Alf not to worry about higher states of tune. He's gunna have the same problem on the real road anyway :burnout:

Kelly

They have rightly decided to go ahead and finish the car so he can drive it. I fully agree with all the comments that if it won't hook up on the dyno, how will it do so on the road?

I have a measly 430HP at the rear wheels and it will break the 335 Michelins loose in 3rd. He's using the same tires and wheels.
IMHO, it's going to be a real pain to drive if you want to use the throttle in anger. Although with the EFI it may be OK as long as you can resist the urge.
:worried:

I'm sure the car will be the subject of some magazine article in the future. I'll keep y'all posted.

Kirby

Back