Tornado TSC40 lands in Holland

Hi All,

I just thought I would share my good news....

My TSC40 has arrived in my garage!

Day 1 Kit arrived/unpacked and goods checked

Due to work commitments thats it for the first day!

I will post photos of the progress.

I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight.....

A big thanks to Tornado'a Andy Sheldon for arranging the shipment!

Regards,

John

Attachments

• Various 343.jpg
    Various 343.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 559
  • Various 360.jpg
    Various 360.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 578
  • Various 373.jpg
    Various 373.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 550
Hi John,
congratulations with you're present
And now......
- step one unrap you're gift
lol
looking forward to you're build
cheers
Frank

Hi John and welcome, nice to see another GT40 in Holland, not that I have one but one day... :laugh:
Hope to get a CAV but new regulations and BPM/Co2 is a bit vague about such car, how will they look at it? a new car or a replica/kitcar and does that mean very high C02 tax?
How will customs(douane en belasting) look at lets say a 2007<>2009 CAV GT40 with a old year say 1967 and also a old engine from that year, some tell me they still will see it as a new 2007<>2009 car and you have to pay BPM/Co2 tax and 10% import (when from outside EU) so in that case you better put a new Ford or LS3<>7 engine in it...

anyway good luck and have fun, when its ready hope to see it some day.
one of the most beautiful cars in the world and timeless.

ow, youre name is Costello? that was also a tuner for excample MG-BGT V8 I believe?
related or...

heej another kaaskop,welkom to the forum,I don't have to wish you al the fun cause looking into your garage your already having fun (porker AND a seven)
good luck with the build and please more pic's

btw where are you located in holland?

Hi All,

Just to answer several posts in one go , dont want to lose any build time!

Unfortunately I am not related to a famous V8 tuner :-( (although that could have been a major help!)

I am in located in Brabant.

I had a day off today so things have started to move on the build!

The floor pan has been cut to size with a great help from my new toys from Bosch, my dad always says get the right tools for the right job, how true is that, yesterday I managed to find a great tool shop with all the boys tools you could ever wish for! and better still on stock!

Back to work!

Attachments

• Various 374.jpg
    Various 374.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 470
  • Various 382.jpg
    Various 382.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 454
Hi John,
I'm at the same point as you are. I got the floor cut last night and should have it in place by Sat. Then on to more .
Bill

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
John

I forgot to say that the rear stub with the funny nut goes on the right hand side of the car

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the tip, the floor is nearly finished just a couple more rivets and it done.

Andy I forgot to order the fuel tanks, whats the delivery time on them?

John

Hi John, looks like your well on your way already. I'll be keeping a close eye on your build as I am due to pick my Tornado chassis up from Andy next week.

Good luck with your build

Trevor

Hi Trev,

All the best with the build, Steamer Bill is making good progress, I am trying to keep the pace up to get it finished ASAP, the same as everybody else I suppose, sometime now reality will hit and I will realise what I have let myself in for :)

So its Steamer Bill, then mine and then yours. I have invested in a Bosch GNA 2.0 Electric Shears I can really recommend then....a bit pricey but until now they have been a pleasure to work with!

Good Luck with your build!

A quick update from with pictures!

Floor finished, flipped her over and started the rear sills :drunk:

Weekend is nearly over so tools away garage tidy.

Attachments

• Various 388.jpg
    Various 388.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 370
  • Various 391.jpg
    Various 391.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 396
  • Various 393.jpg
    Various 393.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 407
Hi John,

Nice job.

You and Bill can have a friendly "Who can finish first" competition.

I built mine in six month's, but it would have been more like 4 if my first body guy didn't get ill.

Soon you and Bill will experience the best part of building / owning a TS40, driving it!

Cheers,
Scott

Welkom John,

What engine will you put in the TS40.
An Audi v8,or Ford v8?
With an old 302 Ford, you will be a poor man.(PBM,CO2-tax and later roadpricing).
But welcome on board.

Luc

Hi Trev,

All the best with the build, Steamer Bill is making good progress, I am trying to keep the pace up to get it finished ASAP, the same as everybody else I suppose, sometime now reality will hit and I will realise what I have let myself in for :)

So its Steamer Bill, then mine and then yours. I have invested in a Bosch GNA 2.0 Electric Shears I can really recommend then....a bit pricey but until now they have been a pleasure to work with!

Good Luck with your build!

Oh, that Bosch nibbler/shears looks like a great piece of kit. Did you have to buy any accessories for it or does it come with everything you need for cutting the aluminium panels? Also how much easier is it for cutting compared with an angle grinder?

Trev

Hi Trev
you should be looking to use an electric jigsaw with18T or 20T blades instead on an angle grinder. Depending on the grade of ally you're cutting WD40 is an excellant cutting fluid to stop the blade clogging.

Regards

Andy

Doh, sorry being stupid again. Sorry I meant jigsaw. So would this nibbler be better/more accurate than a jigsaw or about the same? I recently bought a very nice makita jig saw for my build but this nibbler looks pretty good.

Back