A bit of 2010 260Z Action

Ron Earp

Admin
I haven't been posting much about the 260Z much on GT40s.com as I've been posting those stories and vids on racing sites I frequent. 2009 was a successful year though with three wins, a second, a couple of thirds, a fourth, and a bunch of lesser finishes. 2010 is starting off pretty good with a first place and a second in yesterday's race.

Yesterday's race was at Carolina Motorsports Park down in SC. Great place to race, technical track, and things are always close there. We had a start yesterday that was uneventful but it had the potential to go pear shaped in a hurry, watch and see:

YouTube - 2010 SAARC Start

I got out of it with some paint on my front right quarter from Chuck's bumper (green car). Kudos to a friend of mine, Ricky Thompson, for missing that mess going by on my left!

NOW - the group after us, Wreck Miata, had some hair raising fun. This moment of stupidity destroyed about eight cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYFfs3miMrY

Video by Donnie, a member here on the forum who races SCCA.

Ron Earp

Admin
Looks like the Aussie V8 Supercars having a bit of a biff...

You guys are fortunate to have that good racing action down there. I wish we had something similar that was popular (i.e., would get coverage and a fan base) and take the place of the current day NASCAR racing.

I think the best thing about the V8 Supercars and its sucess, is the top 10 or 15 cars can win on any given day. Now if F1 could do that, that would make it interesting.

Back