Radiators, are they the Holy Grail???

Hi there

I had placed a thread but for some reason it has dissapeared, still no worries, I will start a new one.

I am in desperate need of an aluminum radiator for my GTD, my current one has a nice hole right through the core and matrix and is not repairable it can only be re-cored, try getting that done! :cry:

Is it me or is it virtually impossible to find a supplier that can do this or supply a new one without having to wait about three months; I have searched the internet, called classic dealers and spoken with all my contacts to no avail.

I do have one on order with Mick from Southern GT, however there seems to be such a delay even his supplier can't say when he will get one!

Does anyone know of one for sale or even a second hand one, is this something the club should be looking into, I mean I can't be tho only one with this dilema, I am sure quite a few rads fail over the course of a year especially when we fire them up in the spring after being laid up!

If anyone has any ideas or can help at all I would be forever in your debt.

Thanks

Aidan :thumbsup:

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Aidan

Looks like you are talking to the wrong people. We sold our last 2 this morning. Another batch arriving in 10 days time.

Thanks

Andy

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I had placed a thread but for some reason it has dissapeared, still no worries, I will start a new one.

Hi Aidan,

As Ron had told you in this thread:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/site-questions-suggestions-comments/31289-where-has-my-thread-gone.html

Your thread in seek of a radiator was moved to the appropriate forum here:

GT40 Wanted - Parts or Services Needed - GT40s.com

Here is your original thread and all replies gathered so far;
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-wanted-parts-services-needed/31201-help-radiator-required.html

If your ever in search of threads you have posted or posted in, just click on your Username and then select "Find more posts by Aidan".

We'll leave this thread here temporarily in the hope that you will not start yet another in search of the same information.

Please do endeavor to find the appropriate forum to post in and you'll likely get more responses to your threads..

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hi there

I,m so sorry about putting the threads in the wrong place, its all a bit confusing at the moment, I promise to tyr harder next time.

Thanks for all you help and support.

Cheers

Aidan.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Surely it isnt too difficult for a mod when moving a thread, to notify the OP? Possibly give them a link to the new position.

Ron Earp

Admin
Surely it isnt too difficult for a mod when moving a thread, to notify the OP? Possibly give them a link to the new position.

Richard, if we did that for all the threads we have to move it'd quickly get arduous. Moving a thread takes four screens, to PM the user would take three more.

Or, we could just let entropy have at it and see where we end up.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Richard, if we did that for all the threads we have to move it'd quickly get arduous. Moving a thread takes four screens, to PM the user would take three more.

Or, we could just let entropy have at it and see where we end up.

I am sure that when I was modding a site it was an easy matter to leave a post saying "moved to" as part of the moving protocol?
Maybe you dont wont to?

Ron Earp

Admin
I am sure that when I was modding a site it was an easy matter to leave a post saying "moved to" as part of the moving protocol?
Maybe you dont wont to?

Right, I don't want to. There is enough busy working administating the forum for all the admins without adding additional tasks.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I suppect that there are many people who completely support Ron with his decisions to make the work load as easy and fun as possible for himself and the other moderators.

Ron, thanks again for all you do. Do what you think best.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
ffs! No-one is saying that Ron couldn't, shouldn't or mustn't do what he wants. It is his site. I was just confirming that technically it is an easy job to notify redirected threads (tick a box). If he doesn't want to, then that is, of course, his prerogative.

Anyroadup - Back to topic....

Any luck Aidan?

Ron Earp

Admin
I thought you meant PM the user of the thread move, this is not possible on our software using a tick box.

Yes, we can leave thread re-directs with a tick box. But as a general rule we don't do that due to clutter and possible VBSEO problems they can cause.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
No-one said you were, Ron. We all have the greatest admiration for what you have done.

Maybe I should have asked you directly by pm rather than on the open forum. It wasnt meant as a snipe.

Back