Header Tank Hose size recommendations

Can I ask what size hose people are running to their header tanks?

Also, just to clarify. The feed from the header tank goes into the line that comes from the rad, like below

However, where do you connect the outlet? I also plan to run heater hose, so where do you connect all of these along with this? Thanks very much, I need some plumbing 101!

Brett

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I used 3/16 aluminum tubing and AN nuts. Both ends are above the coolant level allowing air to release to the tank.

My heater lines are tapped into the radiator lines coming off the main tubes.

IMG_0810.JPG

I used #6 hose and fittings for all lines. The bleed line from the top of the Rad can be smaller, but I decided to keep it braided #6.

Martin

Chuck

Supporter
Quarter inch OD aluminum, then added a small reducer at the tank inside the connecting hose with about an eigth inch opening to limit flow.

This is one place where less is more. Only want to let the air escape. Don't want a lot of coolant moving through it.

Details on my build blog.

If you cant find the post on the build blog (I know I can't) a couple of pictures are attached.

Attachments

• CoolantRestrictorA.JPG
    CoolantRestrictorA.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 245
  • CoolantRestrictorC.JPG
    CoolantRestrictorC.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 300
Thanks to all for the replies, and a couple of phone calls today. With the quickest Excel skills known toman, this is what I am thinking of doing for the header take-offs now. I hope it makes sense.

For the heater take-off I'm probably going to modify the hose area around the footwell in the GTD to use these take-offs: Modular Hose Connectors

Any feedback welcome!

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 296
Any feedback from anyone? Sorry for asking so quickly, but I am in the US next week and need to create a Summit order to pick up! Thanks

Brett

Back