Anyone running Carter Pumps?

Reason I ask is that I was planning to put mine in the sills and had worked it out how to do it.

However, when my tanks arrive, the person who made them oversized them in length, requiring me to move the mount point back in the sill on the GTD. Now the pumps won't fit in the sills.

So is anyone running the pumps? Mine are the P4070 that run at up to 6 PSI. Would appreciate any ohotos of where you have fitted and how, as I am struggling slightly.

Also, would people tend to put the solenoid/non-return valve before or after the pump?

Thanks

Brett, we run Carters in the sills on all road cars, pictures available, Frank

I've seen some of the 'fuel-pump sub assemblies' you've made and they look very nice indeed. Not exactly cheap I would think but tidy and well constructed for sure.

Post the pictures up Frank - a picture is worth a thousand words...

Re the non-return valves, I've normally fitted them after the pump to prevent backflow to the pump but no doubt there are reasons for putting them in front instead.

Anyone else..

I don't think I have any pics as its quite hard to see them never mind take piccies! - if I have the car on stands this week I'll try and take a few. I used filters into the electronic valves off the tank and then into the pump - all of this is hung next to the trailing arm under the rear cill each side of the engine bay.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Noisey buggers even with isolation. They do work...

Feb02_012.jpg

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Neil,
I mounted my pumps, the filter and a valve to put the return fuel into the proper tank all to an aluminum plate then mounted the plate to the firewall with rubber isolation mounts.
The pumps make more noise than anything else in the car. That said, it does give some comfort to hear the pump running.
Keith

Attachments

• GT40 052.jpg
    GT40 052.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 234
  • GT40 037.jpg
    GT40 037.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 242
Back