United States F1 return, to AUSTIN TEXAS!!

Great news! I´ll be there in 2012.

But... they still have to build the facility, hope they are not cheating. We have plenty of experience with this lately... Donington Park race, US F1 team... Let´s hope they have a real and more solid business plan.

But I am looking forward!

Now the not-so-good news. I sure hope it's a better design then his last few boring tracks.

Feff

Tilke To Design New Austin Circuit

By Jonathan Noble
Thursday, May 27th 2010, 07:55 GMT

The new Austin Formula 1 track, which will host the American Grand Prix from 2012, is to be designed by Hermann Tilke, race organisers have announced.

Shortly after revealing its 10-year deal to hold the US event, Austin race promoters Full Throttle Productions have now earmarked a site for the circuit and confirmed that Tilke will be involved.

The exact location of the venue has not been disclosed, but Tavo Hellmund, managing partner of Full Throttle Productions, was quoted as saying by the Associated Press that its was 'more than 700 acres.'

Hellmund also ended speculation about who would design the track by confirming that F1 regular Tilke, the man behind track designs at Istanbul, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Shanghai, and Sepang, will be involved.

Race promoters said the track would be "one of the finest permanent road course facilities in the world. Fans should expect the craftsmanship Tilke is famous for, with a priority placed on green building and a track similar to the great grand prix tracks of previous generations."

Back