"Original" door lock mechanism

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Hello all,

does anybody have by chance some "inside of the door" pictures (if possible of the entire door lock mechanism) from a original 40 with door locks?

I have a Superformance and want to add some door locks. I purchased already some Rover 2000 Door locks and now I try to find some more "original" information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Markus

Marcus

I have the same question - does anybody know what was used originally as a door mechanism - I am sure it was available in the general market at the time.
can anybody help - please

Charlie Farley

Supporter
How are you Jimmy, getting better, i hope ?
Didn't know you had become a sponsoring vendor ?
Selling your wares..:blank:

I suppose we both have far too many parts for one car,
it's one consequence of anal collecting..

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Guys I don't sell parts, in fact it is in my nature to give things away as gifts to friends of mine.
The door latches in question were fitted to our cars and we only keep spares.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Let me know if you find an extra driving light flasher switch or bracket for it.... I am still looking for those for my car. We did the wiring and all, but we do need the switch and stalk and the bracket that mounts it to the steering column..

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,
I am pretty sure that we will have the the bracket as promised this month and will ship it to you as soon as we get it in.
The switch is on the radar.
Apologies to everybody for the thread drift.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Thanks, Jimmy. I did get an email from Alistair as well, much obliged. This is fortuitous since the interior is about wrapped up.

Back