2011 Sports Prototype Racing Australia state series championship Vic Australia

Sports Prototype Racing Australia

Ok, today i met with David Vernall the Secretary of the Victorian State Race Series Inc, at Sandown raceway. David was very helpful and explained exactly what would be required for us to get a grid. The great news is that we "could" get a grid for next year. Yes we could have a Victorian state championship. For us to meet the requirements we need 20 cars to show up to each of the meetings, any less and really we will struggle to keep our place. With out going into all the details i am going to be pushing for a 3 round series for 2011, now dont start thinking thats not enough, we need to show we can step up and show up. 3 rounds at 3 tracks, i believe that is enough for next year, id also be looking for another race to get it upto 4 race meetings. Of course as a club we are planning some get togethers and maybe some track/ sprint days for those that wish to run more. So, now its time for those interested to let me know, this will only happen if we make it happen. If you sit on your hands then nothing will happen and your beautiful car will sit on blocks in your garage. So either post up your interest in the "Yes i would like to race" section of the sports prototype website , or if u are shy and dont wish to sign up to the site then email me and ill add you in myself..... ok sooo lets get it going!!!! Also debating having a historic class with in the class for those running older cars....

R Maclurkin

More details:

Eligible Cars:
2A
2C
Sportsracers (Cat 6)
Historic sportscars
Group C
CanAm
Replicas
Invited sports cars

Car entered so far (will update as we go)
Entrants:..........Capacity......Preferred race No.......Car

Up to 1.6lt class
Adam proctor........1lt................98........................Ralt lincspeed
Jonathon Stoeckel..1lt.............. 53........................West WR1000
Craig....................1lt...........................................hybrid clubman

1.6-3lt class
R Maclurkin..........2Lt............... 5.........................Lancia Dungey
Russ Butler...........2lt............... 77........................Arrow Raptor

Over 3lt class
John Steiner.........4.8lt......................................Joest Porsche LMP Replica
Ashley Maclurkin...3.2lt.............23........................Norax
Locky F................3.2lt.............18.........................Norax Replica
Michael Gibson.....4.8lt..............11........................Saker Sprint
George Vidovic.....5.0lt..............99........................Python

Rumours (ill move these up as they are confirmed)

Speads from victoria
Cobra Daytona
Saker from NSW
3 Wests
GT40 replica
NO HARD BODIED CARS or open wheel

All cars must be log booked one of the above classes, or show race history as competing in said class. Invited cars will be allowed to run that meet the NO HARD BODIED rule and fit the spirit of the class.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 38244_409738107547_624472547_4737986_5725811_n.jpg
    38244_409738107547_624472547_4737986_5725811_n.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,167
updated list

Up to 1.6lt class
Craig....................1lt...........................................hybrid clubman

1.6-3lt class
R Maclurkin..........2Lt............... 5.........................Lancia Dungey (historic)
Ashley Maclurkin....2.4lt.............23........................Norax (historic)

Over 3lt class
John Steiner.........4.8lt.........................................Joest Porsche LMP Replica
Locky F................3.2lt.............18.........................Norax Replica
John Biddlecombe.................................................Saker GTP sports

Speads from victoria
Cobra Daytona
3 Wests
GT40 replica

latest entrant

_s8_7310.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Good luck with that! Makes me a bit jealous. I've log booked my DRB GT40 as a 2A open sports car, but only got a couple of hillclimbs and sprints done thus far (motor and trans issues stopped play). Pity WA is so far from VIC...

cheers mate, maybe one day...

updated list

Up to 1.6lt class
Craig....................1lt...........................................hybrid clubman/supersports
Andrew Howell.......1.6t.........................................MK 31 Mallock
Joshua Townsend...1lt...........................................LSR2

1.6-3lt class
R Maclurkin..........2Lt............... 5.........................Lancia Dungey (historic)
Ashley Maclurkin....2.4lt.............23........................Norax (historic)
Damian M..............3.2lt........................................Lotus 23 replica

Over 3lt class
John Steiner.........4.8lt.........................................Joest Porsche LMP Replica
John Biddlecombe.................................................Saker GTP sports

cobra replica form Melbourne
Norax from SA
Speads from victoria
Cobra Daytona
3 Wests
GT40 replica

Back