Washington state Concours featuring ten GT40s

Hi guys,

I am only the messenger, but it seems to me that any GT40/Cobra/Shelby fan in the northeast should be planning to attend!

Mike

====

There is a quaint town on the shore of Lake Washington, Northeast of Seattle, called Kirkland. On September 12, 2010, at Carillon Point in Kirkland, Washington will be the location of the 8th Annual Kirkland Concours, benefiting Children’s Hospital of Seattle and Evergreen Medical Center. The Kirkland Concours has raised a total of 1.2 million dollars for these two worthwhile charities in the past seven years.

This year’s Kirkland Concours will be gathering 30 prominent automobiles from Shelby American, as well as 70 other handpicked classics and wood boats as well. The quality and uniqueness of the cars selected to represent Shelby American will never be gathered again in the Pacific Northwest. At the present time we have 10 Cobras, 10 GT40’s and 9 early GT350’s.

Among the Cobras at the Kirkland Concours we have:

Daytona Coupe - one of six made, one of three left in the U.S. This coupe won the most races of any of the Daytonas and was driven by Gurney and Bondurant.

Dragonsnake - Lynn Park’s drag race prepared "El Cid".

The Flip Top - Ken Miles’ "The Turd".

Among the GT40’s at the Kirkland Concours we have:

One of every body style GT40 will be present, MKI, MKII,MKIII, and
MKIV.
One of the GT40 roadsters, 1 of 5 made.
Ken Miles’ 1966 Le Mans 2nd GT40.

Among the GT350’s at Kirkland we will have:

The first street 1965 GT350 built.

The first R- model built ex. Miles, Titus, Cantwell.

One of every color available for the 1966 GT350 model line.

There will also be a collection of 10 to 15 Shelby Mustangs and Cobras from the Washington State Shelby Club in an area just North of where the Concours is located. Pete Brock, Shelby American’s head of special projects and designer of the Daytona Coupe is an honored judge at this Concours. Pete has written 6 pages on his favorite Cobra stories for this year’s event program. There will also be a section of the program for the GT40 and the GT350.

You may find more information about this event by going to Kirkland Concours d'Elegance. If you click the "Gallery" section on the top of the home page you can see the quality of cars which have attended this event in the past.

There are several reasonably priced hotels in the immediate area near Carillon Point. Please do not miss this opportunity to see these very historical automobiles all in one location for only $25.00 per ticket.

Tell your friends!!!!

Thanks Mike,
What a rare collection! A Mk III? I'll make the drive up for this one. Will pass this along to the Cobra club in Portland.

Thanks Mike! I'll definitely be there and will take the GT40 along in case anyone wants to offer me $1,000,000 for it while mistaking it for one of the originals.......

I think I may come over this afternoon with my GT40. Even though I wouldn't be part of the show will there be a place I can park the car at the event that will not be in a cramped parking lot?

Back