RBT - Awesome Customer Service!

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
My RBT trans is about 6 years old and during that time it has performed perfectly - with the only exception being a unsettling couple of instances where the car would lock into two gears when I was not being extra careful when taking it out of reverse.

The "get around" for that was to drain the fluid and pop the selector arm up - refill the fluid and I was good to go - this was posted about on my thread on this subject about a year ago (?) and the "fix" was supplied by Oliver at RBT.

Well it happened again - so I emailed Oliver and asked him a question about it. During the communication he said, "Why don't you send the trans here and we will repair it for you - no charge, I can promise two week turn around". I was floored.

So, I made a crate and sent the trans to them, they fixed it, the trans is back in the car, repaired, and I am a very happy customer!

Thanks RBT!

P.S. I took a lot of flak for the crate - lol

Attachments

• Trans crate.jpg
    Trans crate.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 358

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for posting that positive experience Pat. RBT is a relative newcomer to our site and I'm pleased things went well for you.

What is wrong with that crate? Looks good from here.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I think it weighed about as much as the trans!

Seriously, I probably didn't have to put as much effort into it as I did.....It probably only needed to be strapped to a pallet.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I took a lot of flak for the crate - lol

I like it. That's what I would have done; any time I have a problem like that I reach for the 2x4s and the drywall screws. Besides, my FE engine came in a similar crate, although paneled so little bits like carburetors didn't disappear in transit.

Pat, that crate has my vote. I'm a bit of a belts and braces guy, and when shipping a valuable piece of your equipment that you want to stay in undamaged condition, you can't be too careful. Good crate, whoa there boy.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Better to overbuild the crate than to have the transaxle fall out!

Agree there! Another alternative: I bought this construction tote for $50 at home depot. Lagged in the supports and a couple cleats on the bottom so it could be pallet jacked around easy. Worked great for shipping and now have it for future use and store my spare in it.

Best,
Kelly

Attachments

• Shipping Crate.jpg
    Shipping Crate.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 343
Back