Appeal for photo's of Le Mans Pits circa 1966-67

Hi guys,

As part of my on-going house move, I am having a garage designed for my cars. The rear 50% portion of the building will be a workshop for my P4.

What I am trying to find are pictures of the Le Mans pit boxes from the 1966-67 era, that I could have blown up onto large acrylic sheets to line one side wall of the workshop. I really need something shot from eye level to get the desired effect. The opposite wall of the workshop will be glazed, so that my car will be viewable from the garden, side on. Lame I know, but I figure it would look really cool mood-lit with a B&W mural backdrop of the pits behind the car whilst relaxing over a bevy in the garden, contemplating why it is I have no money!!!

It need not actually be Le Mans. Anything such as Monza or Daytona from that period would be great also.

I have trawled the web but found nothing so far. I am hoping that you folk may have something nice and suitable in your personal photo collections, that you would be willing to share with me.

TIA :thumbsup:

Mark

A trip to Reims will provide you with all the photos you need for your wall. Its been restored to its 1960s best.

Its also a good excuse to stock up on champagne for the "grand opening" of your new garage/workshop.

Back