Tornado GT40

Not sure if I posted any pics of my car yet so if not, here it is.

Trevor.

IMG20100821_005-1.jpg

IMG20100821_003-1.jpg

IMG20100821_001-1.jpg

IMG20100821_004-1.jpg

Jon,

In terms of engine it has a Rover V8 but as yet I am unsure of the state of tune as this was fitted by the original builder (a chap called Brian Snelling I think) and I have yet to contact him. My guess would be 220hp at the crank so no fire breather at present. Only had the car a short while and have upgraded the brakes to 6 pot willwoods on the front with 300mm discs and converted the rears to vented discs and new calipers. Still not very sharp but that is probably because I did away with the servos as they were faulty so may need to address this. Needs a bit of attention on the electrics and suspension needs rebuilding so on the hunt for info about recommended shocks. Also needs new bushes and am advised strengthened front lower wishbones. Any advice on this would be welcome. I hope to see Andy Sheldon on Friday and get his advice too.

Trevor.

I know Brian from the London Colney meet, not sure if he still goes to the meetings but I have seen him at other events this year. Its worth you coming along to the E.C. meetings around London, as alot of info can be gained from the other owners. The next Surrey one is in two weeks time, usually at least 8 owners there and on average 30 club members.

Paul,

Yes am planning on getting to both London area meets and look forward to meeting you sometime. Tony Hunt is not far from me and I believe membership secretary so am planning on seeing him as soon as I get chance.

Trevor

Gorgeous car Trevor. Congrats. Love the colour combo. Your car really has presence. Do you plan to track the car? Has it got a cage and fire system?
I would sort the brake system out without servos. May simply need to look at the cylinder sizes.
Shock choices are almost limitless, depending on what you wish to use the car for and your budget. Once my P4 is finished (hopefully January), I will have a spare set of Penske's, (3-way adjustable with remote canisters) available.

Mark,

I think the pictures must flatter it somewaht as reality is a little different but the car does have a nice sit and character. I would live to track it at some point but will sort the brakes and suspension/wishbones first. May be interested in your shocks if impatience hasn't got the better of me before January. I have to measure the pedal box ratio (Tilton box) and call rally design for a size on the front brake master cylinder when using the Willwood 6 pots. Crrently 750thou. Not a competition car so no cage and the fire system is an extinguisher between the seats. Must be cosy in one of these once a cage has been fitted:drunk:.
Love the P4, misssed one on Ebay a couple of years ago that hadn't been finished but didn't have the funds at the time.

Trevor.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Trev

Before adjusting the brakes any more make sure your pads have been well bedded in

There are comments on the forum that they felt terrible but once bedded in worked extremely well

(Speak to Tony Hunt as I'm sure he will confrim this)

cheers
Ian

Back