Bathurst 1000

Go JBR / DJR,

We were very honoured recently to have a visit from the legend himself, chatted for a few hours on GT40's, his race cars and RS500's, a mutual favourite.

Dick Johnson will be known to many of our UK and US friends I'm sure.

One of his driver's leads the driver's championship currently and this biggest race of our calander can have a big imact on points.

It's only the 4th one I haven't been to in 20 years, must make it back next year, have a blast Pete if you are heading to the Mountain ?

cheers PB

Attachments

• P1090849.JPG
    P1090849.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 262
I thought we were only going there to clean the track for you guys to run there in November.
30 cars and a 1000km should put a bit of rubber down for November.
Hopefully our CNC operator is busy making bits for my GT40 while we are away.

Roger
DJR

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
I'll be there again this year (been going since 1980). Looks as though we are up against it this time with 11 Ford entries versus 20 GMH. I'm also hoping they have the new Ford GT with the Supercharged Boss 335kw Coyote engine on display. Looks as though Ford FPV have also taken Allan Moffat back under their wings and using him on promotional material. (not before time)

Ford on POLE, Mark Winterbottom pulled out a blinder in the Top Ten Shootout.... Lee Holdsworth on #2 in a Holden, Only Three Fords in the top 10 though, hope the Quality versus Quantity deal holds up!!!

All quiet on the ford front here??
Congrats to 888 team.. a class above the field - no matter what the badge (and let's face it, that's the only real difference).

A mighty race between Lowndes and Besnard.

I'm continually disappointed with Ford's lack of commitment and lack of race results at Bathurst. Each year I have to sit a little lower in my Fairmont Ghia to avoid the sneers.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The so called "Live" T.V. coverage was at least 20 laps behind the live timing.
I don't have a major issue with that but don't advertise as live if it is delayed.
Terrific race, but I reckon the "Masters" race was more interesting. Besnard
drove the wheels of his thing and no excuses in the after race interview, well done mate.

Back