Porsche 906 parts

Hello guys!

Would any of you have a source for porsche 906 parts?

I'm already in contact with Chris Melia and KrafWerkz, but I'm still looking around in order to find specific parts such as uprights, front and rear, body and so on.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Olivier.

I have this link on my pc, dont know them but they do 906 replica?

VRC Vintage Racing Cars - 906 Replica

001.jpg

008.jpg

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies:

I already know the three links you sent.
I didn't contact the argentina's guys. I will.
Kraftwerz has already send me some informations
For the last, the guy does a great job, but faaaar from original...

Any other imput greatly appreciated.

Regards

Olivier.

Hello guys!

Would any of you have a source for porsche 906 parts?

I'm already in contact with Chris Melia and KrafWerkz, but I'm still looking around in order to find specific parts such as uprights, front and rear, body and so on.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Olivier.

I have a complete 906 / 910 exhaust system, I mean "everything"... :shocked:

Hi Anton, thanks for your message!

Progress: Not much to show actually. Money is a problem, as EVERYTHING is f***ing expensive on these cars.
So, I am still collecting data.
I should have a couple of little parts done in the coming months. Rear brake plate, and a little lever used on the gearbox.
Why this parts specifically? Because, I made a friend, who is actually building one, and he is in the process to have gearboxes casing cast in Magnesium, and he needs those parts.

Have found sources for many bits, like windshields (which I have one), all the clear lateral glasses, rear canopy. The biggest issue is to find an AFFORDABLE and CORRECT body. There are a few options/sources for fiberglass parts, but their accuracy is discutable, as well as the prices...

Here are some pictures, only virtual for the moment, but, maybe one day...

If you have the same project, and if you need something, please, let me know... Aren't you in contact with a french guy near Bordeau???

Attachments

• pivot_av1.jpg
    pivot_av1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 403
  • AR1.jpg
    AR1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 384
  • bidule_asm.jpg
    bidule_asm.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 312
Hello Olivier,

you can try Bongarini Limited (if not already known)
présentation entreprise

he has worked on many bodyworks (GT40, Cobra,...)
his craftmanship his really good.

maybe ha can help you to find a 906 bodywork or to rework on a non accurate one.

Salut Thierry,

Thanks for the link, I have sent an email just for my curiosity...

There is already someone working on the body, on my friend's side. But it is very hard to tell if the parts which have been sourced were accurate or not.
He has spent a lot of time fitting correctly the front windshield. Same with the front fenders, which were taken from parts supposed to be originals, and there are still symetry issues.
This body (originally) is composed of a LOT of parts, which are supposed to be fitted/bonded to the chassis in a precise sequence, and it is not a piec of cake to figure this out!

Olivier.

Hi Olivier:
I think you emailed me regarding my 906 project. I have an original body and you'd be welcome to make a mold. Unfortunately, there's the small detail of me being in the US.

I really need doors and windows. Do you have a source?

Olivier and Matt, I saw a 906 in the process of restoration at Emory Motorsports some years ago - they certainly looked like they were in-the-know about all things vintage porsche, including 904/906 stuff. Rod Emory is a good guy and well respected (I've heard). Have you run into Rod/Emory Motorsports?

No doubt anything 906 related is going to be very, very expensive if it's original......

Matt!
Yes we-ve been in touch! Nice to read you. I could help with the windows, but the doors are a very different story! I'd be glad to come an take molds, but US isn't next door... Unfortunatelly. There are some guys, like Emory (thanks Cleefbeer!), but I fear they won't help any replica projects.
I had tried to reach mr Emory, as I know he has restored a couple of these cars... Never got an answer...

I've tried Emory, WerksCars, and Gunnar Racing. No one is interested in selling parts. The guy from WerksCars told me he was worried that I'd make copies and sell them.

I actually have a set of door windows, but they do not have the vents. So if I can upgrade, I will.

Also, I bought the red rear pictured above. When I bought the front half of the 906 body it came with an original 910 rear half. The seller of the red 906 part above was close to the seller of the front, so I picked it up as well. It was sold as a repro part, but we inspected it and though it has been repaired and worked on, it appears to have some original remnants.

I still need the bulkhead and undertrays, but the doors are my main worry right now. I am hoping to sell the 910 part or trade it for 906 parts, but people buying or selling this type of stuff aren't that common.

Back