Chassis GT/111 for sale ?

Hi juys, just reading the October Classic & Sports Car and i found a full page advertisement for the ex Taga Florio Roadster. My understanding is that this chassis was destroyed, is this correct or am i mistaken. Sorry for my ignorance if this has already been covered.

Darrell DRB
LS1 G50

It's a great story.

For years people believed the chassis was destroyed. However, an enterprising individual had removed the chassis and put it into a lockup, where it stayed for 44 years or so. It was rediscovered just recently, verified as being the real deal by Ronnie Spain etc. and then a whole new car was built around it by Gelscoe Motorsport. It was then vintage raced for a year or so, and now it's for sale at Lee Maxted-Page's dealership.

I went and looked at it back in September, when I was visiting for the Goodwood Revival. I've known Lee for several years, and have been good mates with his business partner, Andy Prill, for 15-16 years.

There were actually three GT40s parked in a row there; they are also marketing P/1085, and they look after P/1080, which Lee and Andy co-drive at Le Mans Classic etc.

Back to GT/111; there were several in-depth magazine articles on this car when it was first revealed to the public; you can also see photos of it on Gelscoe's website, here:

Gelscoe Motorsport - Gallery

Thanks Mike that seems to explain it all. Wonder if there are any other (lost) gt40s out there.

Darrell DRB
LS1 G50

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
The Gelscoe web site is a lot of fun to look at. Nice parts, nice photos. It certainly beats doing anything useful on a cold winter day.....

Back