GT40 wanted

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a GT40, preferably MK2 with AC and 1966-1969 registration, because of tax laws here in the Netherlands. Budget around 50-55k euro depending on quality of course.

The car will replace my current car, a 1971 matching numbers plymouth roadrunner with a brand new 440 engine (560HP510 lb/ft) and 4-speed transmission which i will be selling shortly. Taxation value of the car (including 2 engines) is 46,000 euro. The original matching numbers engine is in good condition and preserved well.

Exchanging cars w/o additional payment is possible.

dsc0042edit.jpg

dsc0058edit.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ritsaert,

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see the Dutch interest raising.
Very sweet car you have there.

If I can be of any help, just let me know.
(No, I'm not selling mine)

GJ

why a MK2...
I know a 2001 CAV I believe also on old numbers...all tax payed...
it does not look bad...I looked at it too, but have to sell my car first...

Ah, yes its on a 1966 plate and build in 2002, its a CAV and looks good me thinks. EU duties and VAT is paid and the car ready for registering in any EU country...so it says, its in Danmark.
426ps

ah, see here

Ford GTD40 by CAV - Pkw: Detailansicht

I thought last year it was 59K eu, but ist a bit more...69K now.

!!thg7RQ!W0~$(KGrHqV,!hsE0GBkN-jPBNP+J+B5Og~~_19.JPG

have fun, GTRene

edit to say.... P/x with classic car considered they say, So maybe good for both?

Ah, yes its on a 1966 plate and build in 2002, its a CAV and looks good me thinks. EU duties and VAT is paid and the car ready for registering in any EU country...so it says, its in Danmark.
426ps

ah, see here

Ford GTD40 by CAV - Pkw: Detailansicht

I thought last year it was 59K eu, but ist a bit more...69K now.

!!thg7RQ!W0~$(KGrHqV,!hsE0GBkN-jPBNP+J+B5Og~~_19.JPG

have fun, GTRene

edit to say.... P/x with classic car considered they say, So maybe good for both?

Hi,
Thanx for the tip. I just contacted the seller of this car this morning.
And why a MK2? I just love the back of that car so much.
But at the end it's more important to have a good GT40 and not so much what type, because the hood of the MK1 is prettier ;)
One thing is for sure: tomorrow is my birthday and i will be 37. Before i'm 45 i'll have a GT40 in my posession.

Beautiful things take time :thumbsup:

I wonder what comes out, that contact of that GT40
it looks good also prise-wise though I think theres still some room to play with.

and yes beautifull things can take time :D
just became 48 this month pfff
but my Hartge keeps me alive :thumbsup:

but when its gone I will hunt again to get another lovely animal-car.
so many to choose from, sadly not the money to choose easy ;-)
but still enough to choose from, but my list is pretty long...

to name a few...

--GT40
--Wiesmann GT
--Ultima GTR
--TVR T350 with LS3 conversion
--Lotus Exige/Elise with V8 conversion
--Noble M400
--Shelby Daytona
--Porsche 904 Beck

that was the short version, but I think a few of the best of my list. :deal:

Is there any information available online about the different replica's and their pro's and con's? I'm used to american engines as i've driven a mustang for some years prior to my current plymouth (chrysler). Don't need info about that.

Looks like the KVA's are the oldest replica's, the GTD's the modern 'budget' types and the SPF and CAV the expensive ones. (Excuse me for being so blunt) Detailed info about why somebody should chose one over the other i can't find anywhere.

not many dare to say ;)

and you forgot a few GT40 replica builders, but then its hard to know them all.

some (expensive classifieds) are second hand (almost new) in the same price range as some others so called cheaper...you have to look around a lot.

some famous around here are also RCR (alu mono) and Tornado GT40's they have alu/stainless/carbon/mild-steel...to choose from...
then RF and BDR and some others.

some are more original related then others and some are continue models and some have all the looks but less fuss? :D

so it depends a bit what you are looking for, on the outside most look the same...
ist the materials used mostly that differs them, but you know I guess.

For Dutch oldtimer registration the car has to be registered before 1987 to be tax-free!
There are numerous GT40's with a registration date after 1987.
So, when you want to profit the old-timer advantages you need to take this into consideration

Back