New/Old TVR Tuscan/Titan by CWR

Most of you guys will be aware of my dealings with a certain TVR Tuscan SBF, but I was surprised to learn of this venture while doing some random research on the net a few nights ago, it certainly looks the part, only problem I 'see' is with the chosen powerplant:) A different car in some respects & perhaps not to everyones tastes, but having driven & helped with the development of the Ondrack car I have to admit that they have a certain 'X' factor, IMHO they continue on where the Cobras left off, [apart from the Daytonas perhaps( again Im biased) :), but its cross leaf spring setup limits its handling]. Price wasnt too bad either when you compare it to some other offerings like the TaTa E-Type.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Must be an amazing car to drive at under 1000 kilos and 480 BHP..

I wonder what was done to the LS3 to bump the power by 50+ ??

Must be an amazing car to drive at under 1000 kilos and 480 BHP..

I wonder what was done to the LS3 to bump the power by 50+ ??

don't know, but they say> LS3 on decent headers does 480bhp

I also heard that you could choose a cheaper option when you go for the L98, someone put such engine in his TVR Cerbera and wrote this>>
If you look back in my PH history, you wil not be surprised that I am a fan of the L98 6 litre LS engine. If you cal this engine an Ozzie engine to promote the LS3 engines and to discourage the L98, you are not wel informed to my opinion. This engine is also used by GM in the Pontiac G8 (maybe even more models), so it is not all "Ozzie".

The block is LS2 and the heads are LS3. The valves used in the 2 engines are a bit different, but not the sizes.
The engines come from Mexico, so the "kitchen" is the same. Power from this engine is different from the LS2! The big gain with the L98 and LS3 engines is the design of the heads! My engine came out on 421hp's at 5994rpm. Only 150-200 miles on the engine and with ls1 exhaust manifolds. Not a special exhaust. The standard exhaustsystem of the Cerb was made to fit the LS1 manifolds. If you consider that my standard (old) cats were on when this dyno result was measured, then you must understand that with a few more miles on the block and a bit more flowing exhaust, this engine wil easily pump out 450hp's. Some of the dyno's we hear about are without cats on!

so thats also good news and save some money too :D

I really like what they did to the front end. I owned a 1973 2500M TVR that i bought new. Fun car with only the TR6 running gear. I hope they fixed a few things. The gas tank was located within the passenger compartment of the car in the rear. My car was rear ended while parked and sprayed gas around the inside of the passenger compartment leaving standing gas in the footwells!!! It was amazing there was no fire. The other item is that the tube frame did not extend upwards to provide any protection from impact. A side hit would have cleaned the body off the frame quite neatly. The wiring being British did not match the schematic, not even close. Having said that i would love to have another one with an LS. With a 90 inch wheelbase and an excessive amount of power, what could go wrong!!!

great story Gary :)
a die hard.

I also have a weak for TVR, owned 2 of them, a TVR Griffith 4.3 BV and a V8S

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
WAAAY cool cars, guys!

Cheers from Doug!!

Back