Original white/blue GT40

I know you got no good reply last year but I guess its quite possible there's none of the hundred(ish) originals with that colour scheme anywhere in the world let alone one on public display

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ernest,

I think you are talking about this one, they had a semi-gloss/flat, blue "hood". Additionally, there were some early MK2's that were white with a flat black "hood" (Daytona 1966?)

You can get this photo and others, if you just Google GT40 and then hit the images bar at the upper left.

images

Last edited:
Thank you Jim Craik. These are the paint schemes I was looking for; white body/bl;ue hood, stripes over the roof. For some reason I recall the early protoypes may have had two wide black stripes over the roof. Would any of these early cars be in a museum? Are there any books that illustrate these early prototypes? Finally, can anyone direct me to any authority that can identify the proper colors?

GT40P/105 was shown at Goodwood in 2006 in original white/blue livery. A photo is attached.
Perhaps someone knows it whereabouts?

Attachments

• GT40-105-2-150x150.jpg
    GT40-105-2-150x150.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 297

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ernest,

There are several good books that cover all this.

Probably the best all round book would be "The Ford That Beat Ferrari"

Its a large book with lots of color pix, the history of the design, a page or two about each chassis, coverage of each race and each race team.

Then there is the Ronnie Spain book "GT-40", it covers the same data but most black & white photos.

Also, if you can find it, there is a Shelby GT-40 book, that covers these areas as well.

Don't know where to find the cars , but I have a few more pics .
One with two stripes , not on roof though as its a roadster .

Attachments

• 1_GT-40_C.JPG.jpeg
    1_GT-40_C.JPG.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 291
  • fordx1g.jpg
    fordx1g.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 301
  • GT# 1.jpg
    GT# 1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 64fordgt.jpg
    64fordgt.jpg