SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

I've been meaning to start a build thread but I'm still recovering from the trip to pick up my SLC. Details here:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/slc-clubhouse/33826-sl-c-chassis-53-its-official.html

Quick synopsis for those that don't want to read the old thread:

I started out having a GTM built, but the SLC was always on my mind. I like the GTM a lot and think it's a pretty car, but for my taste the SLC blurred the line between "kit car" and no excuse world class super car. I felt my future efforts and cash would be better spent on building what I really wanted. I also had another project car that I had more emotional attachment to than the GTM, but ultimately I needed to focus on one major project. I struck a deal w/Fran, and now own SLC Chassis #53.

Goals/Plans for my build:

1) LS Based engine
2) Ricardo Trans (btw-- I have a bnib Ford OEM Ricardo clutch for sale-cheap!)
3) Street tail
4) Front and Rear Sway bars
5) Door Roll cage bars
6) Brembo Brakes: The kind with the machined "Bremo" logo--not the "real" ones. :p
7) Isis
8) Have it built within driving distance to my house, so I can contribute to the build and be close to make decisions first hand.
9) AC/heat
10) Stereo--fully sound deadened and sound blocked.

Basically a no compromise (or at least minimally compromised) street car that I can take to drag events, and hpde's easily.

The car is at AllanSLC's house, and he is doing 99% of the mechanical/wiring. My focus is the body/paint, interior, and welding what needs to be welded. He is a wiz at these kit cars. He's built a bunch of GTMs, and other kit cars (including a RCR GT40). He is running through it lightning quick.

Here are some pics starting the day after coming home from picking up the SLC and cleaning off all of the snow/road grime from the trip.

IMGP0822.jpg

IMGP0842.jpg

IMGP0844.jpg

What is the black stuff along the side of the frame -heat shield? sound barrier? both? What brand is it?

Thanks!

You guys are smokin over there! All I can say is ....... WOW Fantastic, I am totally in awe. What fans are those, did the RCR change the fan supplier?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The fans come from my rad manufacturer...we are at their mercy, and they at their suppliers ...tough world out there at the moment...

Thanks for all of the comments. FYI: It's been in that stage since Mid March or so. Literally 2-3 weeks after it was picked up. AC Blower has been mounted and everything installed forward of the engine.

I just got news that the pushrods will be in my motor today and it will be crated and shipped tomorrow. I'm just waiting on the Ricardo axles, and LS accessory kit to make this thing run under it's own power.

Alex, I'm pretty sure he bought the pedal box separately or paid RCR extra for it. Both the Tilton 600 series are a bit more than ~$450 + masters. Nice parts for sure but not near as nice as the 900 series. Though for the price, the aluminum version of the 600 is hard to beat.

What is the black stuff along the side of the frame -heat shield? sound barrier? both? What brand is it?

Thanks!

I just realized I didn't answer your question, sorry about that. I use Cascade sound deadener. Allan bought the heat shielding. I don't remember the brand. Maybe he will chime in if he hasn't told you on the phone already. Are you going to start a build thread up? I really liked the aluminum bracket you made to house the AC and coolant lines.

Look forward to hearing it run...

I've been waiting on lifters from Morel since March! They shipped in 2 sets and both were wrong.

I'm tracking a UPS package from them to my builder the whole day like a stalker. This is supposed to be the right set. If it is, it's just a matter of putting them in and having the correct push rods overnighted. Unless this set of lifters is wrong or there is another hold up, the engine will be here next week.

I'm sorry I even typed this as I'm sure I just sealed my fate and the lifters or something else will be wrong and I'll be stuck waiting more. :uneasy:

Unless this set of lifters is wrong or there is another hold up, the engine will be here next week.

Boooo, hsss, hsss, hsssss. I'm going to have to talk to Erik about working on engines when there've been some sitting on the shelf for 18mnths already! :laugh:

502s first, everybody else next :laugh:

:D

Boooo, hsss, hsss, hsssss. I'm going to have to talk to Erik about working on engines when there've been some sitting on the shelf for 18mnths already! :laugh:

502s first, everybody else next :laugh:

:D

I think you have the wrong builder. When I asked him about a 502 he was building to ship to Canada, he had no idea what I was talking about. He said he wouldn't ship that kind of power north of the border....sorry.:lipsrsealed:

Back