P 4/5 Competizione 6 Hour Race

Hi Jim,
I was there watching ....Standing at the little carrousel it broke my heart every time you and of course most other cars, entered it as the cars are scratching like hell on the ground....It did sound like the cars are breaking into two parts..... :)
It is quite interesting how the different cars look leaving this part of track and how the rear axle work is different....also the end of the first left at Breitscheid is very interesting to watch because of the bump.....Hope to see you pushing as hard during the 24h....

Cheers
(C)arlos

Hi Jim,
I was there watching ....Standing at the little carrousel it broke my heart every time you and of course most other cars, entered it as the cars are scratching like hell on the ground....It did sound like the cars are breaking into two parts..... :)
It is quite interesting how the different cars look leaving this part of track and how the rear axle work is different....also the end of the first left at Breitscheid is very interesting to watch because of the bump.....Hope to see you pushing as hard during the 24h....

Cheers
(C)arlos

If you're at the 24 come by and say Hello!

Best

Well, lets see....which car was the best looking of the lot by far? Not a tough question as far as I'm concerned. Spectacular looking car and a decent result for sure. We need to petition SPEED Channel to show that series. What a diverse group of cars. From Minis to Mercedes. Great work on the video too. Thanks and continued success in your quest.

Jim, amazing work. Thanks for sharing.

That Mercedes looked like it was "dialed in" (sounded good also). Will it compete in the 24?

Jim, amazing work. Thanks for sharing.

That Mercedes looked like it was "dialed in" (sounded good also). Will it compete in the 24?

Yes it will be there.

The problem the organisers have is the Balance of performance. We are hopeful that we'll be allowed to run with a little less weight in the 24 Hours.

We were as high as 6Th at one point.

The 24 is a massive undertaking.

Attachments

• 230015_10150195572994866_544734865_6905754_6183555_n.jpg
    230015_10150195572994866_544734865_6905754_6183555_n.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 229
Jim,

what are you doing on the picture? Trying to qualify for the RedBull air-race World Championship ? :idea:

I can imagine the balance of performance is quite a challenge.....
But I was impressed how fast some of the smaller cars can be...From the smaller ones I like the VW Scirocco a lot, it seems to perform very well.....

The old ring is a circuit that changes a lot during its 22+km and the setup is a nightmare I can imagine...I am really curious how you try to find the best for you. I guess you have two choices, either you go for best average performance for the whole circuit, meaning compromising a lot, or you are focusing on those parts of the track where you and your care performs best to achieve the best speed...?

Cheers
(C)arlos

Yes it will be there.

The problem the organisers have is the Balance of performance. We are hopeful that we'll be allowed to run with a little less weight in the 24 Hours.

We were as high as 6Th at one point.

The 24 is a massive undertaking.

Jim,

what are you doing on the picture? Trying to qualify for the RedBull air-race World Championship ? :idea:

I can imagine the balance of performance is quite a challenge.....
But I was impressed how fast some of the smaller cars can be...From the smaller ones I like the VW Scirocco a lot, it seems to perform very well.....

The old ring is a circuit that changes a lot during its 22+km and the setup is a nightmare I can imagine...I am really curious how you try to find the best for you. I guess you have two choices, either you go for best average performance for the whole circuit, meaning compromising a lot, or you are focusing on those parts of the track where you and your care performs best to achieve the best speed...?

Cheers
(C)arlos

The Ring is Brutal. You need a setup that can take 24 Hours of banging, bottoming and flying along with high downforce.

At 130 mph we're making 2800 lbs of downforce and pulling 2.8 G's in turns.

Fuel efficiency is also key.

Back